cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to use Material group in release strategy, but its creating an impact ,

please guide me how to make it work??

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the Impact it is create? it will not create any impact to others as long as you do not use that in other area

Bhima

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not applying the release strategy, i just want to apply the strategy based on material groups please guide me how to do it???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Material Group is at Item level. PO release can happen only at the header level. So it cannot be done for a material group.

Hope this answer will be helpful, if so award point.

Regards

Elanchezhian. K.C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

KCE is right in case of PO. Please clear If you are talking about PR or PO.

Also remember that after creating this as characteristic and including in class then all other rel strategies will be inactive as you need to assign this characteristics to all strategies and all material group in stratigy.

Also remenber that frequestly we need to produce new material groups so all these material group are required to maintain in characteristics which is tedious ans person dependent work.

Rel strategy should be controlled by organisation structure element as far as possible.

Rgs,

Appie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Assign your chat. value in CL20N.

Also refer below mention detail.

SPRO -> Material Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Procedure for Purchase Orders.

Three steps involved in release process of purchase order.

1) Edit Characteristic: -

Create characteristic for release purchase order. If you want to release purchase order on purchasing group base. So you can create characteristic for purchasing group. Take reference of CEKKO structure and BKGRP field for purchasing group in additional data of characteristic. E.g :- Purchasing group - BKGRP

2) Edit Class: -

After creation of characteristic, create class for release purchase order. In which you can take reference of

Class Type: - 032,

Class group: - Release strategy class,

And put reference of your characteristic, which are created by you in first step.

E.g: - Class u2013 REL_PO

3)Define Release Procedure of purchase order: -

In this step four processes involved.

1) Release Groups

2) Release Codes

3) Release indicator

4) Release Strategies

1) Release Group: - In which you can define release strategy group

For Exa.: - Release group : - 01,Release object: - 01, Class: - REL_PO.

2) Release code: - In which you can define release code. Enter value as

Release group: - 01,release code: -01 u2013 Purchase Head,

Release group: -01, release code: - 02 u2013 Auditor.

3) Release indicator: - In this step you have to define release indicator.

Like X u2013 Blocked, I u2013 Under process, S u2013 Release.

4) Release Strategy: - This is the final step for release strategy.

Assign release code 01, 02.

Click on release prerequisites, select 02 u2013 check box and click on continue.

Click on release status button, enter release indicator X, I, S and click continue

Click on classification button, Enter values of purchasing group for which you want to created release strategy.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh