cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP profile, simple question, no solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to create a quotation from a service order, and it looks like simple because I have 2 or 3 internal operations everytime and they have to be reported in quotation (DP80).

Work Center for operations is the same, activity type the same... but I have to report exactly the same NUMBER of entry in quotation.

Example:

CS Order:

Operation 10: Internal work center A: TEXT01, activity A, duration 1 hr. cost = 10

Operation 10: Internal work center A: TEXT02, activity A, duration 2 hr. cost = 20

Result in DP80 is:

Item 1: Service material AAA price 30

Requirement is:

Item 1: Service material AAA price 10

Item 2: Service material AAA price 20

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

larsbroe_rasmussen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Frederico,

yes this is possible. In the settings of the DIP profile you can go to: Characteristics, after selecting the Usage: Quotation creation and sales pricing. In the characteristics list you mark the Activity Type in the field: NoSummarization. If you choose F1 in this checkbox you get this explanation:

No summarization

Controls the second summarization level for dynamic items, meaning from dynamic items to items of the billing request. The indicator defines whether the characteristic is taken into consideration during summarization of the items.

Use

If you do not set the indicator, the system summarizes into an item all dynamic items in the billing request for which the same material was found during quotation or billing creation. This also applies even if, for example, the assigned activity type is different for both materials (see Case 1).

If, for example, you do set this indicator (for example, for the activity type) the system does not summarize into an item the dynamic items for which the same material was found during quotation or billing creation if the activity types are different (see Case 2).

Examples

Case 1:

The indicator No summarization is not set for the activity type.

Dynamic item Activity type Material found

12 h Activity 1 Mat 1

5 h Activity 2 Mat 2

1 h Activity 3 Mat 2

When creating a billing request, the system creates the following items:

Item Material Qty/Unit

10 Mat 1 12 h

20 Mat 2 6 h

Because the indicator is not set for the activity type, the material "Mat 2" is summarized in the item of the billing request.

Case 2:

The indicator No summarization is set for the activity type.

The system does not perform summarization in the item of the billing request, but instead lists the items separately by activity type.

Item Actvy type Material Qty/Unit

10 Activity 1 Mat 1 12 h

20 Activity 2 Mat 2 5 h

30 Activity 3 Mat 2 1 h

Best regards

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

thanks for reply, but it is not my situation.

Indeed the "no summarize" works exactly as we know, but in my case I have SAME activity type and SAME service material (pay attention to my example ineded) and there is nothing in DIP profile customizing to keep separate the items.

Any suggestion?

thanks,

Federico