Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Capturing exact break down duration in a Notification

Hi experts,

My client requirement is like this:

Plant is operating only 2 shifts. i.e. 6 AM to 11 PM (No 3rd shift operations).

Breakdown occurred at 9 PM in the evening and the equipment restarted by 7 AM next day. Notification has been created with these timings...i.e. from 9 PM on the day actual breakdown occurred and next day 7 AM as end time. Now system is proposing breakdown duration as 12 hrs., where as actual breakdown is only 3 hrs, (since the plant is operated in only 2 shifts, even the technicians worked only 3hrs to rectify the problem).

Since SAP is considering 24 hrs , the realistic breakdown times are not being represented.

Please suggest how to handle this i.e. to capture only actual breakdown durations.

Is it necessary to create to different notifications (with 2hrs and one hr duration), because of two different dates, ?

Thanks in advance....

Srinivas

Former Member
replied

Hi srinivas

Srinivas, when the SAP is implemented, they have designed the SAP Standard timing for 24 hrs. It can be restristed to 16 Hrs with respect to your work hours. So the problem is you cannot reser or create or any work after the 16 hrs. To avoid this kind of issue they have desided to go for 24hrs.

Here comes the problem with the break down. You feel if the break down duration increased, it affects the MTTR.

The break down occured at 9PM, when u create a notification, it takes the malfunction start timing and date which the notification was created or u can enter the accurate timings.

Break down is nothing but the equipment is stopped till the equipment is started. thats the normal timing of the break down. You can change it, if u want to get the accurate MTTR etc...If u manipulate, then only ur MTTR will not increase.

To calculate the exact time of work, you will be comfirming labours work duration in IW41. So, there u can enter the labor worked only for 3 hrs, which means actual cost of the labour. It will be accurate.

If u give the break down duration as 3 hrs. It means rest of the time the system is in idle. Waiting for start.

At last : SAP will calculate for 24hrs, since it was defined. If u change it, it will lead to many problems. So manipulating the hours wil be efficient to get the break down and Confirming the labour timing in IW41, give the accurate work hours. Actual cost of labor.

Hope u understand it

- pithan

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question