cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAR file issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I was looking for changing an existing deployed PAR file .

I have downloaded a PAR file from portal

["System Administration"==>"Support"==>"Support Desk"==>"Portal Runtime"==>"Browse deployment"==>"ROOT"==>"WEB-INF"==>"deployment"==>"pcd " ]

But when I look at the downloed file its .default file type.

[com.sap.portal.support.browse.default]

Now I tried renaming this file to PAR file through CMD and after renaming it converts to par file but I cannot see the contents when opened as a zip file.

Please let me know How excatly I can conert this file to a par file and load into NWDS and deploy it again and load into portal.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You downloaded that par file correctly and renamed that also right way.

Just do one step.

open NWDS>click on file>import>parfile>browse your downloaded pargive a project name>press ok.

after that it will bring your codes in NWDS.

Please let me know if there is any issue.

koushik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The solution u r looking for can b done in the following ways...

1. After selecting the par file, that you want to change in the browse deployment (deployment-->>pcd) section, do either view -->> save or download. U will get a zip file. Then extract the par file u want (youPArname.bck), rename it by replacing the extension by .par inplace of .bak.

or

2. If your's is EP6, then simply rename your com.sap.portal.support.browse.default, with the ProjectNameYouWant.par

Now you can upload the par file into the NWDS by...open NWDS>>import>parfile>browse your downloaded par(the renamed one)give a project name-->press ok.

Now make the necessary changes to that par file and save it.

You can deploy the par file to the portal in 2 ways..

1. Import-->> Select the project(after making all the necessary changes) >> Give the server details where u want to deploy (host name,alice,p/w)>> ok.

or

2. Just save a copy of the parfile of the project you made to ur local system & go the the portal using the administrator login . Syatem Adminstration>> Support>>Portal Runtime>> Administration Console>>Archive Uploader(Browse ur par file here)-->> upload

In both the cases ur parfile has been uploaded. u can check it Syatem Adminstration>> Support>>Portal Runtime>> Administration Console>> uploadArchive Deployment Checker-->>Show.

Hope this will help u in solving ur problem

Regards,

Bidyut

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your's is EP 7.0 then do this way..

open your com.sap.portal.support.browse.default with a win rar, athen extract the files...

then you will get browse file, then again open the file with win rar and extract the contents.

Now you will get a youPArname.bck file, rename it as youPARname.par.

Now you can import it to your NWDS

If your's is EP6, then simply rename your com.sap.portal.support.browse.default, with the ProjectNameYouWant.par

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way you can download par file from your server...

\usr\sap\W12\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I uploaded the par file in NWDS and made a change where I needed to change a email id,

But now im in the navigator perpective and i find two errors in here

"The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest. Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project. EmailHRPar"

and

"This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath) ExternalTrainingClassHistory.java EmailHRPar/src.core/com/reliant/myHR line 0

"

Basically I am new and I am even unable to find the build option.

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

I think your are not configuring the properly the propeties of messageserver .So can you please follow the bellow steps

Goto NWDS-->windows menu >preferences>under that GOto>J2EE engine click>here give the massage server details here host means your Portal server name and number (for number u need to open the http://servername:hostnumber:/systeminfo where you need to found the message sever number copy and paste) -->click apply and click ok

2)we need to configure sap Enterprice portal>click>click ADD button-->give ur enterprise portal host name and number

and also any alias name -->click apply and click ok.

after doing these cofigurations once close the NWDS and open.

let me now after completion of this configurations .

Regards,

Sai

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cannot find the class file for javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest this is because you haven't added the required JAR files.

To add JAR files, Right Click On Your Project --> Properties --> Build Path --> Add External JARs.

Here you add the required JAR files.In your case add servelet.jar. More Over depending upon the Project You are working you have to add corrosponding JAR files under lib folder. Path for lib folder is Project --> dist --> Portal-Inf --> lib...

Regards,

Srinivas.

Edited by: srinivas sistu on Sep 24, 2008 9:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I followed similar stpes which u explained but still the error didnt vanish ....

I would try uploading the par in nwds with a new project name again and try .....

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

I guess u r right but when I go to Project --> Properties --> Build Path -->

I hit select all , there are a couple of jar files there

But I was looking for servelet. jar and this jar file isnt available..

is that i need to add some file by opening the par file into winzip and extracting those later ... and add to the project

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kandaraj,

go to java build path of the project-go to libraries-add external jars and add the servlet.jar

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri