cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Blank Strings are not allowed in Row 1( in unique fields)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When creating a good receipt foir items which are serialized ( on every transaction ) on 2007 A patch 35, the systems allows the user to add in the relevant serial numbers but when adding the document an error message "Blank Strings are not allowed in Row 1( in unique fields)" comes up.

Has anyone come across this error message ?

Thanks in advance,

Inderaj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the following :

Under Administration > System Initialization > General Settings > Inventory tab. What is the Unique Serial Numbers by set to ?

Your issue seems to be related to the this and the serial number or Mfr. Serial Number you are entering in the goods receipt.

Regards,

Jitin

former_member389746
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitin. I was having trouble with a custom add-on and was getting this error repeatedly and couldn't understand at all what I was doing wrong. Once I changed Unique Serial Numbers to "Serial Number", it worked perfectly fine.Appreciate your help

Thanks,

Krishnan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Indraj,

Can you add the document? Are you sure that there is an item on the first row of the document?

If the issue does not allow you to add the document and you have the item on the first row, I would suggest to open a msg for the support.

Kind Regards,

Marcella Rivi

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marcella,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I add items to the good receipt and I even enter the serial numbers in the serial number prompt box for each item, however the error occurs when adding the document to the system.

Thanks,

Indraj