cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF: FireFighter ID logging in as a normal user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the User guide for FF, a Firefighter ID should not be able to log in as a normal user. However, when I created a FF ID, with User Type --> Service, I see that this ID is logging in as a normal user as well.

Just wanted to ask if any of you have experienced/ are experiencing such a thing. Would appreciate any pointers on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hersh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hersh-

The last page of the User Guide describes a User Exit which you can implement to avoid logging into the SAP GUI with a FF ID. You might have to get developers involved since it involves a tweek to the program.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Morar/Ankur,

Thanks for your speedy and accurate replies. Well, I read the note but still have the same issue.

As per the note, the user exit already exists as I can display the program ZXUSRU01. Thus I followed the steps for Modifying the already implmented User Exit and went to change mode and then added the statement "include /virsa/zvirsa_userexit. at the end of my existing implementation. and then Saved and activated the include.

But still the same problem is existing. Any clues on anything that I might have missed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to assign the FF-ID to an FF-Owner. Then you will receive the message "User ... not Authorized to Logon directly."

If you didn't assign the ID to the Owner you can still logging in as a normal user. Table /VIRSA/ZVIRFFIDS will be checked if there is an entry.

I hope it will help you.

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

Had maintained the things suggested to you earlier only. Thanks for the pointers anyways.

Now it is working finr. Was the issue with the user exit only, which is solved now.

Regards,

Hersh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please send a link to note 992200? I don't have access to Sap Market place?

Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,

AJ

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Find the content in SAP Note

Symptom

Need to implement SAP User Logon Exit for restricting login of Firefighter Ids through SAP GUI

Other Terms

ZXUSRU01, Firefighter, VIRSA,Superuser Privilege Management.

Reason and Prerequisites

Create Logon User Exit for Firefigher

Solution

Firefighter Ids need to be restricted from Logging in into SAP System, directly via SAP GUI. For

this purpose either we need to create and modify the SAP User Login Exit.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

First check if the user exit is already implemented or not by going to transaction SE38 and try to

display the program ZXUSRU01. If you can see the program, that means the above mentioned user exit

is already implemented and you need to follow the process under modifying the user exit else you

have to follow the process mentioend under Implementing the user exit

Steps to be followed for Implementing the Logon User Exit for the first time in the SAP System

l Go to transaction CMOD and give a project name and click on create button

l In the following screen, provide a short description for this project and click on save. At this

point you need to assign this object to a development class.

l Next click on the Enhancement Assignments and provide "SUSR0001" as the Enhancement name.in the

following screen and click Save.

l Next click on Components button which will show you the function exit screen where a function

module "EXIT_SAPLSUSF_001" is present.

l Double click on the name of the exit mentioned above which will take you to the exit

implementation screen which will show an include ZXUSRU01.

l Double click on the ZXUSRU01 which will ask to create the inlcude ZXUSRU01 as it does not exit.

click yes which will take you to a new screen for implementing the inlcude.

l Add the statement "include /virsa/zvirsa_userexit." in the include ZXUSRU01 implementation

screen and click on save and then activate.it

l Go back, save and then activate the function module EXIT_SAPLSUSF_001

l Go back and activate the project.

Steps to be followed for Modifying the already implmented User Exit.

l Go to transaction SE38 and give the report name as "ZXUSRU01" and click on display. If you get a

message saying report does not exist then you have to follow the steps mentioned above under

Implementing the Logon User Exit.

l If the implementation screen for the include is shown, then go to change mode and then add the

statment "include /virsa/zvirsa_userexit. at the end of your existing implementation. and then

Save and activate the include.

BR

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

User exit implemented solved the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a look at note 992200.

There is an exit to cater for this.

Regards