cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post IDOC directly from SOAP to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this scenario where a system sends a complete, detailed IDOC (w/ complete control record) via SOAP to SAP. Is there a way not to create objects like receiver determination anymore? Just simply use the control record and the IDOC will find the way on its own?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

You will have to configure Rceiver determination , Interface determination as these are the basic steps required to complete a scenario, Otherwise how will XI understand which is the receiver Business system and what are the interfaces through which these receivers are getting msgs. Even though the structure is same but you will have to configure.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

While configuring the receiver IDOC adapter ,if the control record values are to be taken from payload,then enable the check box APPLY CONTROL RECORDS FROM PAYLOAD

remaining configuration is as usual

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the quick reply.

With that said, then that would mean the IDOC coming from SOAP comm channel will be routed automatically to the appropriate SAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

idocs are representation of data in sap. so they can't come via soap

Former Member
0 Kudos

technically that is right. but in my scenario, the external system will be sending the IDOC XML via SOAP. The structure of the IDOC matches exactly what XI normally gets (with control record and everything). So I was looking for answers whether it is possible to bypass all the configs needed like receiver det and interface det and simply config the IDOC comm channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to configure IDOC receiver adapter and mark check box as Take sender from payload.

Thanks,

Boopathi

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the receiver side u are using the IDOC.

then you have to create IDOC adapter as receiver.

where u need to maintain RFC destination, user name

and password.

at receiver determination,you can find the following radio button option

i.e

If no receiver found,proceed as follows.

-terminate messsage processing with error

-end message processing with out error

-continue message processing with the following receiver.

where u have to assign party or service.

please try with last option.

warm regards

mahesh.