Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Exception ERROR_MESSAGE in FM - Capture Success message

Hai Experts,

We all know that we have Exceptions in Function Modules.

If we call a FM using Pattern button in the Editor it gives all the Importing, Exporting.. and Exceptions. If the FM gives an Error or Abort message (MESSAGE TYPE 'E' or 'A') using MESSAGE keyword, we can capture this message using Exception ERROR_MESSAGE instead of message displayed as a pop up.The Addition ERROR_MESSAGE can be added manually to Exceptions after calling the FM using Pattern button.

My requirement is, using ERROR_MESSAGE we can capture only type 'A' and type 'E' kind of messages. The remaining types (S, I and W) are written to the Application Log(The help documentation says about this point - just check out). I just want to read these messages from the Log or some other means.

How could I get these messages ?

To brief the scenario, what I want is, if the FM runs successfully (without any errors) how could I get the messages (type S, I and W) if I am using Addition ERROR_MESSAGE.

I tried this scenario, but could not see any log using TCodes SLG1 or SM21 (if I am not wrong) after I ran the FM successfully. There are also some FMs to read the logs, but they were not helpful.

Thanks in Advance....

Shashidhar

Tags:
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question