cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have totally 6 years of experience in mechanical field, with 2 years in CAD, 2 years in Illustration (EBOM) and 2 years in Product Data Management using Matrix1 tool.

Now I am interested to learn SAP PLM. Can anyone of you guide me regarding this. It will be great if I get any good institute reference in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Based on your experience I would suggest you to go for DMS and ECM among all other modules available under SAP PLM.

You can learn the SAP authorised courses from SAP/Siemens/Genovate. The training material is in much details, so even if you manage to have it, you will need to learn it hands-on.

Hope this will help decide your career ahead.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested by friends SAP PLM is growing fast.

SAP PLM is highly diversified and has huge market value.

Some highlights of module's are

- SAP DMS

- SAP ECM

- SAP Project system

- SAP Plant maintenance

- SAP Quality Management

- SAP EHS

- SAP Customer service

and more

Please find the Below link from SAP to understand about DMS.

[http://solutioncomposer.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?id=59FBA37E3E9B5A4B9C79BF19EB0485FE&fragID=&packageid=DE042984DB3725F19515001A64D3F462&iv=]

I guess we dont have certifiation from seimens or genovate for DMS or ECM module

Regards,

Fapreeth

Wish you all the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vikram

If you want to learn PLM as  you are in banglore i hope there is one institute called BODHI ECHNOLOGIES who teaches PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re: SAP PLM

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 10:55 AM in response to: vikram m Edit Reply

Hi,

Will tell you not to go to any institute in India or elsewhere. Because very few peolpe in @ indian have worked all modules of PLM and with integration. People will just say some fake things.

As you know already the PLM only SAP is different in functionality point of view. Just get SAP knowledge in your company and through books and start working on test servers.Try to simulate the scenario's on own as if they are in real life, like creating project from Idea to end using other components like PS, DMS, Cfolders XRPM etc.

You can take on module at one time and start getting knowledge of it. I would recommend to start with DMS , Cfolder , Project Systems and then Cproject, XRPM and in end EHS.

This will give you complete overview of SAP PLM at most.

If you still insist then i can say that you should go to SAP institutes run either by SAP or by SISL and get certified into PM or PS and DMS. As you know this is very costly in India.

If you go to fake institutes they are all fake you will lose all @ 20 to 30 k of it.

If you cant offer, then do it on own and in your company test servers

Regards,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Your advice is really nice,as there is no such experts who is familiar with so many modules, as a whol;e to know the PLM.

However can you advice if I have IDES 6.0 in my own PC, how to start with and what else I have to install to start working with SAP PLM. However I know PM,PS,QM and DMS.

zINNI

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.