Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of a dimension property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am using BPC 5.1

There are 5 child members at the same level and i only want to show only 2 of them in my report. It was suggested that i can create another property within that dimension, and perhaps put "Y" for the 2 child member that i want to show in the report.

somehow it's not working, even after i saved to server followed by processing the dimension.

any ideas?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only use properties for filtering n reports when the property is flagged as InApp. Check maintain dimension properties, check Inapp and do a full process of your dimension. After this it should work fine.

-Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are right, joost, thanks a lot.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using a dynamic template, it's easy to have the members arranged in a PnL format, i.e.

extsales

icsales

TOTREVENUE

labor cost

material cost

COST OF GOODS SOLD, etc ...

However in EVDRE, i have resorted to using multiple expansions using rowkeyrange and memberset to create the same effect. I can enter Excel formulas within the blank rows so that children members are immediately added or subtracted to give a real time feel.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do i apply this property within EVDRE to filter and show certain child members at the same hierarchy level? I need to use EVDRE because i needed 1 row and 3 column.

Cheers

Edited by: lip chean soh on Sep 23, 2008 12:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... try using EVLST and EVSET

Former Member
0 Kudos

how would you apply evset and evlst to evdre where i just want to select members of a column dimension with a specific property?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lip

You can use EVDRE:Build Filter... menu from

Right click on MemberSet row within EVDRE config cells for the dimension and find the menu.

Find your properties, set the value and that's it.

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halomoan,

that's exactly what i am looking for!!

having said that, i want the accounts arranged in EVDRE like how they are arranged in dynamic templates, i.e.

external sales Gross Margin (level 1 parent)

inter company sales Total Revenue (level 2 parent)

Total revenue (level 2 parent) Cost of good sold (level 2 parent)

3rd party product external sales

raw material inter company sales

direct labor 3rd party product

overhead costs raw material

Cost of Goods sold (level 2 parent) direct labor

Gross Margin (level 1 parent) instead of overhead costs

How do i achieve this?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lip

Utilize MDX or SQL syntax, since I'm not so good in MDX, you can use for example

LDEP(2,NETINCOME)

Would return Level 1 and Level 2 of NETINCOME hierarchy.

DEP(NETINCOME)

Would return all dependencies of NETINCOME hierarchy.

Check BPC Help for more.

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holomoan,

is there anyway of doing a parent first = false so that the flow of pnl data flows down in EVDRE?

Cheers