cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of correlation needed or not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I looking to determine if I need correlation for the scenario I'm trying to implement:

In a BPM, from a File, I do a transnformation step to do a 1:N mapping. A ForEach block does a RFC sync call to a ECC system, with information it gets back, post an asynchronous File request in a certain DataType, the remote system elaborates a response which gets back in th same DataType format, only the content changes.

My trouble is do I need to activate correlation for this second receiving step, knowing that I finally need to send out a mail message with the results of the whole actions in the block.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregorio,

Can you please explain it a bit more.

But from what i understood you dont need any correlation in your BPM.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thank for your interest. Here as some more info about the whole scenario::

An external system is used for e-pursue. At the end of the month, we want personal accounts to credited of the amount of monthly expenses and the amount be taken from salary. So I planed the following steps:

- External System sends 1 XML file will list of amounts and PERSN to XI

- 1:N mapping

ForEach N employee:

- XI posts to payroll using BAPI_WAGECOMPEXT_CREATE (RFC Sync)

- XI send XML file to External System to credit the personal account of the just debited salary PERSN

- XI gets the confirms the operation succeed (same XML format, but action= credited in stead of credit)

If it succeed XI sends a email to the employee to inform about the deduction

else XI sends a email to the admin to have a look why it failed.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to apply correlation as you are having two receive steps in your BPM......

In the First Receive step Activate the correlation and in the Second Receive step Use Correlation.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregorio,

You need not use correlation in this case. Its used when their are more than receive steps in the source side and you want the BPm to process only a few particular files based upon some condition, in one instance. Lets say you want all the Person having the DOB same, to be processed together using a single instance of BPM. In this case you will use correlation. But in your case their seems to be no such requirement . So no need to use correlation.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We use corelation when we have more than two receivers .

The message structure need not to be same but should have

one common value on basis of which you are going to define the corelation :

so better decide that is there more than two receiver's

Regards'

Chetan Ahuja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you have a message, spli it 1:N, get some information from ECC and send a file to target system? Is it a file which is on the end of the first direction?

And if all files are in the target system...? What should you do?

I'm not sure if I understand your requirement, but you could do this laso w/o BPM. Just create a 1:N mapping and use RFC lookup to get the R/3 information and post it to target. It will be much more prformance efficient.

Olian