cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find entity type bij table name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in the repository (e.g.. SE84) I can find a table belonging to an entity type by using the Dictionary button on the Entity Type Definition form. Is it also possible to start with the table name and retrieve the entity type it is related to?

Thx, Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I'm no sure, what do you mean by 'entity'?

Regards,

Eli

P.S. 'bij' it's in Dutch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am trying to trace back the table to the entity type. When I look in SE84 using Business Enginerering -> Data Modeling -> Entity type I can for instance find entity type Cost Center. When I use Execute the repository shows that the entity type for Cost Center is 14007.When I then doubleclick on the entity type is shows me the entity type definition. When I then use the Dictionary button it shows me that the entity type Cost Center is implemented in tables CSKS and CSKT on the Display Table/Views Assignment form. What I am trying to find is the other way around, having a table name and trace it back to the entity type.

Regards, Paul

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I see... Well, you can just look in table DM26L.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Eli, this is more or less what I am looking for. Would have been nice if it showed you the entity type names also, but I can get them from somewhere else...

Regards, Paul

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can find them in DM02T table.