cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the next level of approver in a Organization unit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in our system we have 3 levels of org unit depending upon the amount that can be approved by a person.

so in our case we have a org structure something like this

--> ORG123

-

> 2000 to 10000

-

> 250 to 2000

-

> 0.01 to 250

now as seen from above. The users under the org unit 0.01 to 250 first gets an email if the PO value is in that range. If the user does not approve we need to escalate to the next org unit. Is there a FM which can be used to get the next org level and the users under those org level?

I checked rule 168 and 157 after doing some search in the forum but i am not getting what i am looking at. Any idea on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to create custom rule with custom function module, and loop the calling SWX_GET_MANAGER to get n level manager you want

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

First use rule 168. It will give you the Line supervisor. Use his pernr as the input to the rule 157 and his object type is P or US. it will give the position id. From table hrp1001 use this position id has the input

with releation ship A002 or B008. You will the next level approver. do this in the loop for any level for approver.

Regards

vijay

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could use the std FM RH_GET_LEADING_POSITION and also RH_OM_*_POSITION.

The first FM would give you the position number, using the position number in the second FM you could get the agent.

Hope it helps.

Aditya

Neslinn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the rule in the Tcode: PFAC. u can see the FM used as RH_ACT_LEADING_POSITION and SWX_GET_MANAGER.

Hope this link would be helpful:

Regards, Neslin.

Edited by: neslin on Sep 23, 2008 3:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you were in the right track. You need to find the Line Manager using 168 rule and you need to find out the Org. Unit of the Line Manager using rule 157 and store this element in a workflow container element and use the same process for further approval.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip

i am new to workflow so not very clear how to use the rules and what to pass. Coukd you help me in this?