cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Code Scanning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which i need to scan the barcode label. The barcode format is Code 39 Modulo 43 and the fields printed on the barcode are not standard one.

Can you please tell me how to decode the Bar-Code or is there any standard function module available for decoding?

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

SAP AII does support barcode scanning. It support EAN 128 standard. Inorder to define your own barcode one need to define it in SPRO in barcode settings the standard to be used. The documentation on barcode setting in SPRO details out how to define barcode settings along with delimiters and other relevant details.

This standard you define needs to be assigned to the device group with particular location in SAP Easy Acccess menu.

There are some BADI and class interfaces available e.g CL_ARL_SRV_BARCODE... check for BADI implementations. You can see the standard methods in case of Mobile devices which can be used to decode the barcode or convert it to SGTIN or SSCC format to be used in rules.

Not sure about the standard you have mentioned.

Warm regards,

Amit Deshpande

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

What device integrating layer software are you using? Does it support that barcode reading?

Or is it that AII is directly integrated with devices (mobile devices) for barcode integration?

Please can you be more precise?

Regards,

Yogesh