cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight values not picking for VAT calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have condition types for freight and handlying charge, where my req is as per blw, and in the blw structure freight value is not picking for VAT calculation.

Base Price 5000.00

Handlying charge 5% 250.00

ED - 12% 630.00

Ed cess 2% 12.60

Se cess 1% 6.30

Freight 3% 150.00

Total before tax 6048.90

Vat 4% 235.96 (241.96)

In the above, the vat is calculated w/out freight value, i need to get with freight value ie. my vat should be 241.96. .

pls provide ur inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Make sure that you have given the from and to step numbers correctly ie you have included the frieght condition type step for the calculation of VAT.

Another option is to calculate a subtotal just before the VAT calculation condition type and the calculate the VAT on that.

Maintain the subtotal line without any condition type and give 'S'

in the sub-total field.

Then calculate the VAT on that step.

Hope your problem is solved.

Regards

Gregory Mathews

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Make one statastical condition type for fright in tax procedure.insert it before VAT calculation.

Make the same nature condition type in pricing also.

Tell user to maintain the both condition when such sceenario arises.

system will claculate the VAT accordingly.

The Fright condition in Pricing will load the value on inventory as well.

regards,

SNB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First try to understand the concept of VAT/CST.

VAT/CST is never calculated including freight value.

It is only calculated on Basepriceexcise dutyEcess+Scess.

Please take help of FI-CO guy if u have any queries.

When client wants freight should be considered while calculating VAT/CST.,at that time freight is not shown separately ,u just add it in price .& then proceed further

Regards.

Satpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If the tax is to be calculated on the freight condition , then using Tcode: M/08 Check in the related Pricing procedure, against that particular freight condition type-- the statistical checkbox indicator must be unchecked. After saving this change, again check the tax calculation.

Thanks & Regards,

Amjad

Former Member
0 Kudos

any other inputs..

Edited by: sapjj jk on Sep 24, 2008 7:24 AM

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check ur tax procedure for the calculation

ur freight condition may not included in the vat calculation check the dependencies of the vat condition (from and to fields)

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/0e/db7eb4e9114d85a9335fb1df617504/frameset.htm

regards

kunal

award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal,

we have Taxinn procedure, where freight cond type is not defined, its defined only in pricing procedure.. whn i need to calucate vat on freight.. is it need to create in tax procdure, why it will not pick frm pricing proce. ?? if i want to create in tax proce, which cond type, shall i copy?

pls revert