cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty cache or old data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I have an input schedule that is telling me "Empty cache or old data. Click refresh to retrieve data".

When I click refresh, the numbers I am trying to send are deleting. I rewrite them and then I send again. After clicking send I get a message "There is no data to refresh" and nothing is being send to the DB.

I would like to understand this msg :"Empty cache or old data". What is the cache they are talking about? or the old data?

I heard that this kind of problems appeared when you change a report into an input shedule...

Thanks for your help.

Nic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When it is an EVDRE schedule and you change it from report to input schedule, first expand before saving the schedule or start sending data. When you do this it should be no problem changing a report to an input schedule, but it has to create the hidden evdre datasheet before it is able to send data.

-Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Joost, But what do they mean by "empty old cache..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is just a generic error indicating the system can not match the data in your input schedle with the data in the EVDRE_datacache sheet. The system needs to do this check to see which values are changed to it doesn't need to send everything when you click send, but only sends the new values. If you hit alt+F11 in your input schedule the VBA editor opens. In here you can put the visible property of the EVDRE_DATACACHE sheet from xlsheetveryhidden to xlsheetvisible. This gives you an indication what is stored in the datacache sheet. Basically all data that is retrieved in the last refresh, to evaluate what data is new input.

-joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joost,

That is a really cool tip what you told me. Thanks.

I still have a problem with an EVDRE input Shedule. I am trying to send rates to the rate cube.

I created a new worksheet that I directly change into input schedule.

Then i built the evdre and refresh.

I build my EVDRE with

COL ROW ROW

TIME RATE INPUTCURRENCY

basmembers basmembers basmembers

Then I expand and i get some rates.

If I change some rates and send them, then it says "there is no data to refresh"

How can that be?

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

That can happen if you try to send periodic data to a YTD cube or YTD data to a periodic cube. look at your measures and look into the application parameters if you have a YTD or periodic rate cube (of course in fact doesn't matter, because your rate members have AST acctype, so won't be a difference). Change the input schedule to the correct measure and I think it should work.

-Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Joost you spotted the problem a lot quicker than me

I cant believe it took me so long... I just needed to select periodic instead of YTD!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had the same thing a couple of times. After spending a whole lot of time and frustration searching for something like this, I never forget the solution anymore

I'm glad it is solved.

Answers (0)