cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Centre Delta Failure - Repeat not supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

A Profit Centre delta ipak failed last night, however when I request a repeat in the PC it says the extractor does not support repeats.

So I went to the PSA to manually upload the request but the request is empty. However in the monitor it says that 18000 records ectracted but 0 received. Where have they gone.

If I delete the request, set monitor status to Red and run the ipak will it fetch the 18000 again ?

Any other suggestions please

HKF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it wont fetch the delta again as repeat is not supported by datsource.

Since its master data you can easily opt for reinit.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Thanx fo the replies

Praveen I should have mentioned that its transactional data.

However it has now been sorted, We found that even though it said that repeat is not supported when I tried from the Process Chain, it did fetch the repeat delta when we ran it manually from RSA1.

Thats what bugs me about BW. There are no rules, no logic. It lies to you when it feels like it. It extracts data when it feels like it. No wonder there is so much mystery surrounding BW and SAP in general.

I think magicians should no longer say 'Piff Paff Puff' but instead say 'Sap Sap Sap'

Regards

Asif

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know you solved the issue.And I agree with you on "It lies to you when it feels like it. It extracts data when it feels like it"

Its Bluff Master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen

Too right about Bluff Master. It could even be Hari Puttar !!

Regards

Fuey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ho,

it seems llike data mart problem.generally its happen datamart issue.if u delete the datatarget status turned red no need delete the datamart symbol in ODS.

Regards

sivaraju