cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET web application with CR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got an existing web application developed with VS2003, and its using CR as a reporting tool.

I've checked the DLLs it seemed to be in Version 9.1*

I've set up a PC, WinXP, Installed IIS, .NET framework 1.1 and .NET framework 2.0

Tried to run the application but its not possible. Error saying that they cannot find the assembly files relating to Crystal Report.

Any kind soul can help me on how to set up the runtime dlls for crystal reports and where can i download the dll files?

As i've no prior experience in using CR, thus help is very much needed.

oh, in IIS, there's no crystalreportwebformviewer2 as compared to the development pc.

thanks!

Cheers

YL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to install the runtime files of CR 9.1 click [here|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#04].

Click on - English (cr_net_2003_mergemodules_en.zip).

For documentation on using merge modules for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2003 deployments, download crnet_deployment.pdf. which is available below the runtime downloads of CR 9.1

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit/Jason,

Thanks for the link, however, i do not understand the deployment instructions.

do i just copy the the extracted files *.msm into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge modules?

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, then follow the instructions in the pdf. They are step by step instructions so just follow them. There are instructions for deployment an ASP.NET Application as well as a Windows application.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to include that .msm file in the installation file of the application.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I've tried to run an Windows App. setup file and included all the msm files

1) Crystal_Managed2003.msm

2) Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm

3) Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm

4) Crystal_RegWiz2003.msm

5) VC_User_CRT71_RTL_X86.msm

6) VC_User_STL71_RTL_X86.msm

I still get the invalid key error when i test out my Web application using CR.NET, and i can't seem to find that article relating to this error.

at least now, my web application is functioning in this PC, only the CR portion is not working.

Prior this setup file, we can't even load the application as it can't find the assembly files for CR.

can help?

thanks!

Edited by: YL K on Sep 23, 2008 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you provided the correct keycode in the setup creation process of merge modules.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

keycodes is referring to CR's in VS.NET keycode right?

should i include the hypens ?

thanks!

Cheers

YL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps given below-

Go to the help n about menu of VS.

copy the key code of CR.

paste the info in a text file and then

Paste the same key code in setup.

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, its working now,

stupid me did not know how to make use of the <Copy Info> in the About to copy & paste the key.

Going to try crashing it now.. 😛

thanks a lot for the help!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You also mention that you have both framework 1.1 and 2.0 on this server. If that is the case, see the following:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/65y5x3xf(vs.71).aspx

In a nut shell, you will have to force the app to use framework 1.1. By default any .NET app will use the latest framework it can find. The CR assemblies for CR 9.1 do not work with framework 2.0, so you may have to follow the instructions inthe above MS kbase.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

this test machine is in WinXP whereas my webserver is WinNT

It seems to be able to differentiate between the 2 applications (VS2003 & VS2008 1 each).

Have checked the IIS, the ASP.NET, each application is pointing to the correct .NET framework.

both applications are working fine!

can't crash it

will try harder to find ways to crash it i guess

do i have to install .NET 1.0 framework to try also? as my webserver has this installed. but it shouldn't be affecting crystal reports in any place right?

Edited by: YL K on Sep 23, 2008 4:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

but y you want to crash it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

As i'm testing something related to this thread

problem for my webserver still persist, have yet to deploy the merge module application to webserver yet. want to make sure that this solution will resolve the issue. so im setting a pc for this testing purpose

sorry if i've confused u guys.

thanks a lot for your help in any case.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to deploy using the merge modules for CR for .NET 2003

Here are the merge modules and deployment instructions.

[Merge Modules|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006009302008E/cr_net_2003_mm_en.zip]

[Deployment Instructions|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10ae17a6-a41d-2b10-eb9f-8dfb2a88dc7e]

Jason