Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country name missing in Table T005

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I got an issue here. In the golden client under IMG-General Settings-set countries-Define countries in R/3 system , we found that the Name ,Long Name and Nationality missing and we need to incorporate that now.

Around entries missing for around 280 countries. Can you please suggest the best way to incorporate that now?

I mean , Should i insert line by line and create a transport( which is obviously time consuming) or any LSMW ( is there any standard LSMW because creating a new LSMW involves a lot of procedures and approvals) or is there any other simple/best way to do this.

Kindly suggest me with ur inputs

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks ...

We found that only around 18 countries were missing in that table in Production , so manually created and did the transports

Thanks again for your suggestions

Safeer Rahman

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shibi

Not sure on "280 countries" or "280 fields" ??

If I am correct, standard has provided around 240 countries and may be additionally, there will be a requirement to create one or two.

Anyway coming to your question, the only option is LSMW or BDC for which, you should have authorization to upload. But the best method is LSMW.

B4 going to create recording via LSMW, what I would suggest is that first you check for which country, the maximum entry is missing and accordingly create one recording. Convert this recording into excel and maintain datas for other countries (fields) and upload the data from a text file.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi...

Thanks for your suggestion. As this table is standard , Can I ask my basis person to copy the table from some other client. I was worried about the configs which may already been done on that node...

Any suggestions on ur Experience or can you advise how to advise my basis team regarding this?

Thanks;

Safeer Rahman

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shibi

Definitely you should first try in development server only. I dont think, excepting giving authorisation to T.Code oy01, you need basis support. In fact, you cannot do LSMW in Production directly.

Once you got the authorization (if not having already), try to create a recording in LSMW in Development server, and as I already suggested, first you have to check for which particular country, data is missing to the maximum extent in terms of fields.

For example, if for country AM, fields like Name, Long Name, Nationality, Vehicle country key are missing whereas for rest of the countries only either of the above fields is missing, then you need to create LSMW for country AM. Download to excel, maintain the missing entries, save it as a text file, upload via LSMW

Definitely this will be a bit tough task but you have to achieve. Only after successfull completion when you save the entries, one transport request will be displayed or you have to give a new request number. Make a note of that, transport it to Quality, again test there and if you are satisfied, then the request can be moved to production.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Thanks...

But creating an LSMW for us it involves a lot of procedures and approvals ( like FRS and go through all the sets of approvals from the quality etc )

I was wondering is there any other simple way to do this changes.

I could see all the details present for the country description in a diffrent client. Just if there is any possibility to get that table copied from that client to my Golden client without affecting the configs made to that node already and then doing the transport makes some sense to me.

Dont know how feasible is that option...!

Hope I have put things as clear as mud...

Thanks anyway,

Safeer Rahman

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

any suggestions?