cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight max min values in a list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have an issue with query design. The base request I have been given is to produce a report that shows by shop, sales achieved as a list. The request is also to highlight the best (max) and worst (min) performers against all the others.

Thus:

Store Sales

A 20

B 60 <- best, highlighted

C 15 <- worst, highlighted

D 30

I have tried Exceptions but this seems to only work for explicit values, not against all the possible values in the list. The report will be automated and the best and worst thresholds will change everytime, so the solution would need to be dynamic.

Thanks in advance.

Using BI 7

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it by Exceptions.this is the best way for highlighting those MAX , MIN values.

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the fast response, however as I tried to point out in my original post, when I try exceptions it only gives me the option to set explicit boundries.

The max and min values change everyday and this report will publish to a schedule everyday.

What I'm looking for is a way to have the max min values be set at run-time based on the data in the report.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exceptions also work on based report values , whenever value changes it will also show according to that. Once try this and see the output.

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, but I'm not sure what you mean or how to do this.

How do I get the exception to evaluate the exception for a key figure using all returned key figures as the base?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

is there any answer to this question.

I have the same problem. I know how to set exceptions for static values green < 1 or red >= 1. It's very easy. But what if I don't know what results are coming.

on first run of the query I got the values:

34 <== highest value to be highlight

5 <== lowest value to be highlight

on the second run I got:

9 <== lowest value to be highlight

74 <== highest value to be highlight

That can't be so difficult, isn't it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Nico