Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC Model Deprecated

emmanuel_turci
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi expert, hope you know about this info as I cannot find any trick for this issue !?

In the new IDE we can see that we have two ways to create an Adaptive RFC Model, the old one which is deprecated but works and the new one which is called : "Adaptive RFC 2 Model"

When I try to use this one, it doesn't work and get something like....

Caused by: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Destination SAP_A1S_WD_META does not exist

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.update(DefaultDestinationManager.java:163)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.searchDestination(DefaultDestinationManager.java:292)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(DefaultDestinationManager.java:90)

at com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(JCoDestinationManager.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.cm.arfc2.metadata.RFMParser.<init>(RFMParser.java:78)

BUT, with the old one I use the SAP_A1S_WD_META and it works.

Does it mean there is another configuration to make for this new model ?

Thanks for your support, Best regards, Emmanuel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While importing the model ,u have to give jco names i.e jco name in made on your server in field of model data and metadata..If it is not working u can test the JCO connection in Portal.Navigate to Content Administration>webdynpro>Jco Destination-->here u can find out all the JCOs u r maintaining.

Select the respective JCO and click Test ,if it is properly created u will get a success message.

All the JCOs created are maintained in SLD ,check wheather it is in SLD or not.

Here Is one sample application Refer this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07753b9-fa0c-2a10-64a8-c6754c45...

Thanks.

Abhilasha

emmanuel_turci
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

I checked already and it works perfectly within this system

I get : JCo destination 'SAP_A1S_WD_META' was sucessfully tested with user ... for both JCO destination

It seems to be something else ...

Best rgards, Emmanuel.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much! I solved my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

It seems you solved your problem, can you help me with the steps you did for solving it? I have the same issue with the Jcos, they seem to be ok (test and ping successfully) but i get this error once i execute my WD app.

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Destination WD_RFC_METADATA_ZHR_DOC_DEST does not exist

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.update(DefaultDestinationManager.java:195)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.searchDestination(DefaultDestinationManager.java:344)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(DefaultDestinationManager.java:96)

at com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(JCoDestinationManager.java:61)

at com.sap.mdi.jco7.Destination.(Destination.java:32)

It´s exactly the same error you got.

Thank you for any information.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is the guide which describes this:

USING AN ADAPTIVE RFC 2 MODEL IN WEB DYNPRO FOR JAVA

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50f7192d-2808-2d10-189b-df3fa5f71abf

Best regards,

Ervin

emmanuel_turci
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In fact the solution is:

From now with Adaptive RFC 2 Model the destination use entries from nwa > configuration management > destinations.