cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while assigning user to a position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I m using SRM 3.0 with classic scenario. I would like to assign a user to a position but could not able to eventhough there is BP record. I could able to do the assignment in sandbox but not in the PRD with similar case.

Also If I use users_gen( Create users using existing SU01) it is throwing Error "central person already exists".

Please throw some input whether what could be the problem and possible solution.

Thank you,

Manyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User assignement in the org plan, has to be done through SRM transaction, and <b><u>not manually</u></b>

You have to 'repair' your user (bbp_check_user): this will replace the BP and rebuild the user correctly.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Tcode bbp_check_user does not seems to be existing. Pls provide alternate method.

Thank you

Manyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try transaction code USERS_GEN. there you have the also the possibility to check users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that users_gen and when I asked for repair user message " Users distributed with ALE, Distribute the defective user" popped up. How do I go from here.

Thank you,

Manyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Did you distribute organizationnal structure from HR backend ?

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bertrand,

Exactly, its been distributed from HR. Every user has been consistence in the sense that, BP,Central person are assigned to the position. But for one user only the BP is created. So I deleted the BP assignment, and then tried to assign user through users_gen. Let me know the possible way to get through this.

Thank you,

Manyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you're an expert with TA PP01 you can play with and reassign it... take care

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

we also distributed the organizational structure from HR and we had lots of problems with this...

we had to enter one new entry in table T77S0 in SRM system:

HRALX PSUBG 01 (as copy from OSUBG)

Without this entry no user was created!!

perhaps it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cordula:

I have the solution to fix your user. It is a crude methodology but it works. I have seen that error "central person already exists" many times and i have fixed it successfully.

step 1: The first step is to delete the existing assignment of the user from the org structure.

Step 2: The second step is to delete all ties of the user with his present business partner Number from transaction BP. In BP go to identification and remove his user id and save.

Step 3: Now before you use USERS_GEN to assign the user from existing SU01 ID, you would also need to delete his SU01 user ID. This is because the existing SU01 ID has ties with his previous assignment to the EBP org structure

Step 4: Recreate his user ID in SU01. System will ask you that SAP has the old office data and you can copy the data from his old office data which saves you the pain of enetring address overview tab. Go and maintain his roles and profiles section and save the user ID.

Step 5: Now you can use USERS_GEN to assign him to a organisational unit from existing SU01 id and you will see the activity to be carried out successfully !!!!:)

Please assign points if answer helpful and also confirm results and share your views with the forums.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry the answer was addressed to Manyam.!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as you distribute org struct by Ale from HR, you have to manage your user in your backend, not manually in EBP (vadim said it).

Read note : 390380

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you every body,

We are working on ALE. I ll let you know once the problem is solved.

I tried to award points to contributions but pops up an error. I ll try it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lol,

Bertrand, qu'est-ce que j'ai encore dit comme connerie ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manyam,

As someone answered already if you have decided to replicate the data from HR , you don't need to use USER_GEN.

Now you have two options

Option 1) Set the the correct values in the T77S0 table to use users_gen. If you want to find the CP, you may use HRP1001 table.

Option 2) Make sure you have valid relationship in the HR system ( check the relationship between poSition and Person (I guess A008) is in place ) and 0105/0001 relationship for the USer.

next replicate USer, poSition, Org

Let me know if you still face any problem

-Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to use report bupa_test_delete (SRM_SERVER 550) to delete Central Person. You also need to delete Position and re-assign user using USERS_GEN.

Regards,

JArek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar problem in my earlier project here is what i did,

1) When we have all the HR data (org/position/user) linked to SRM and want to use USERS_ GEN transaction code in SRM then 1st go to table T77S0, select group ‘HRALX’ semi abbr. ’HRAC’ ‘PBPHR’and set to OFF remove any value from ‘value abbr’. This will allow you to create or link any user in SRM itself using USERS_GEN.

2) Assuming you have right set of RFC's in SRM and backend system with required profile.

3) Following step in USRS_GEN is done to generate a Business Partner number. select create users from exisiting SU01 user, select the user this should fix the problem .

4) If problem is not resolved then you might want to check user's HR Posotion attribute in backend system (Tcode PA20),

5) Run tcode PFAL to transfer position from backend to EBP which creates idoc,

6) Goto WE14 to process the idoc which was created in previos step

This should sink the position and user id in EBP.

Award points if this help.

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manyam ,

when you replicate your org structure from the HR system you don't have to use the tcode USERS_GEN to assign user to position .

BP are created automatically . just run the report HRALXSYNC and check all the three buttons are green .

if some user are not assigned the position then probably the user doesnot have the necessary data mainhtained in HR like address data etc.

analysis of the user position and ORG has to be done in the HR system . i faced similar problem and i ahve to correct the user in HR system and resend the personnel number for assigning it to the position.

i hope your problem is the same .

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iftekhar,

Right now, I need to replicate my org estructure from HR to SRM, but Im really confused =(

Could you give me some hints or info about this task ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards from Mexico 😃

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set all t77s0 switches within group HRALX as described in note 550055.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please deleted the CP and the Position for the user and save and try it through USERS_GEN it will work.

all the best,

Plz award the points if it helps.

BR,

Vijay Mittal