Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO release with tolerances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We release purchase orders.

A tolerance is accepted for changing Purchase Orders when the total amount of this PO < 125.000 euro :

- tolerance of 2 % on the total amount will not activate a new Approve of the Purchase Order

- tolerance of 5 % on the total amount when the total amount of the PO < 12.500 euro will not activate a new Approve of the Purchase Order.

Is there away to put this rules with standard SAP? If yes, can you please expalin step by step how to set this up?

Thanks!

Sofia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the following:

- Create two Release Strategies, one with Release characterstic- 'net price' value :less than 12.500 euro (say 'RS1')and one for above 12.500 euro (say 'RS2'). Maintain the value limits in CL20N transaction.

- Create two Release Indicators (say X and Y) and set for Release Indicator 'X' 5% tolerance (ie, % Value Change)and for 'Y' indicator 2% tolerance

- Now, assign both the Release Strategies to your Release Group.

- In the detail screen of Release Strategy 'RS1' & Release Group combination, go to 'Release Statuses' tab and enter Release Indicator 'X' against all possibilities of Release prerequisites leaving only the final release (For final release assign the 'R' Release Indicator).

- Cross check in the 'classification' tab, your Net Price characteristic with value limit is appearing or not. Save the data.

Similarly, for Release Strategy 'RS2', & Release Group combination, go to 'Release Statuses' tab and enter Release Indicator 'Y' (for having 2% tolerance)against all possibilities of Release prerequisites leaving only the final release (For final release assign the 'R' Release Indicator).

Now, create PO's and test all the possibilities. Hope, you are with me. And, in case of any clarifications please revert back.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this with Release Indicators in Release Strategy.

Release indicators- A release indicator shows the release status of a PO.

Via the following settings, you can define the release indicators you need for your release procedure:

The Released indicator is used to specify whether messages (PO documents in output format) may be transmitted for a purchase order with this indicator.

The Changeability indicator shows the effect of changes to the PO (a change to a PO may require a new release strategy to be determined, for instance).

By means of the Value change indicator, you can specify that the release strategy is to be re-started if a PO is changed and the value of a PO item thereby increases by a certain percentage (e.g. 10%). Set the Changeability indicator to "4 - Changeable, new release in case of new strategy or value change" or "6 - Changeable, new release in case of new strategy or value change/outputted" and enter a percentage in the Value change field.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would I do it then with my example above? How do I include, the conditions, e.g. that the 5 % tolerance is only for PO amounts of less then 12.500 euro otherwise it is 2%?

I put release indicator 4 or 6 with value change 5%, but where do I put the condition that the amount has to be under 12.500?

Thanks for coming back to me!

Sofia

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my knowledge only a percentage change in total value of a PO can be put as tolerance so as to not change the release strategy.This can be put at each level of the Release Indicator .Also this to take effect the changeability indicator must be 4 in case of all the release indicators.I do not see absolute value change to have such effect of not altering release.

Dhruba