cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Too Slow (Tuning Performance)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All...

Curently we have the problem in the performance of the BPC system. We using two server, one for the application and the other for the database server. The system is very slow when itu2019s retreive and send the data, so user alwas complaining about SAP BPC performance.

I think the problem when transfer data from server application to server database...

Any Idea? there are tips to tunning BPC Server..??

Really need your help to for this issues, thanks.

Thanks in advance,

Dharma Setiadi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All...

Oke, i'am technical in this system. Setup and design the application with my friend. The assumption, design is the worst and a lot of data...

How to increace performance?

Thanks,

Dharma Setiadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would start reviewing the design. Try the following thing, although they might not all be applicable to your situation:

-Eliminate MDX formulas where possible, try to write then in SQL logic

-Review existing SQL logic if the performance is good. If not review scoping, to put not too much unneccesary data into the logic scope.

-Run logic in batch via package instead of in default where possible, this will in crease send performance. For example don't run currency conversion and eliminations in default logic, but execute them via a package when users are finished entering data.

-Try to use not a lot of alternative hierarchies

-Schedule lite optize

On the technical side you could think about:

-Creating partitions on the OLAP cube

-Defining a custom index on the facttables via the DimsForFactTblindex application parameter.

But partitioning has an administrative impact on the application, so try do use the default setup.

If you are saying you have a lot of data, how many records do you have in Fact table? Over 10 million records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

I am confuse about your statement below:

"Run logic in batch via package instead of in default where possible, this will in crease send performance. For example don't run currency conversion and eliminations in default logic, but execute them via a package when users are finished entering data". Could you tell me how to set running package whwn users are finished entering data ?

"Creating partitions on the OLAP cube". If the size of DB file is 5MB, Should I do partitions on OLAP cuba ?

When I open the SAP BPC Excel, the CV Window is will be too long open( > 2 minute). Perhaps, you have any suggest why it's happen ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) you setup a package like default logic, put it in the package list of eData and let the users run this package when they are finished.

2) No you should not put partitions on a 5 Mb OLAP cube, but you stated that the assumtion is that there is a lot of data! In fact there isn't, so in this case you should investigate other things that slow performance down.

3) Maybe some virusscanner is scanning your client files which cause this slowdown.

-Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you followed this guideline ?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9016a6b9-3309-2b10-2d91-82334501...

Halomoan

Edited by: Halomoan Zhou on Sep 23, 2008 3:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All...

Thanks for answer...

Oke, i will tell my observation and analysis the problem. I need idea or solving...

1. Performance slow when open the web (BPF), every move to another page is to slow. I try tuning IIS (time-out, compress file), its not change. Any another idea for this problem?

2. Performance slow when send data to server, no problem when refresh (expand) data. But when user input data and send data to server, the proses very long. There something make the proses 'stack' from server application to server database. Oya, i'am using two server, application and database...

Please help...

Best Regard,

Dharma Setiadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no idea about the BPf problem, maybe the web/application server is just not sized very well. But I don't know the hardware setup so can not give a good answer on this one.

About the data send, I think there might be a few problems. When data is send to the server the new data is posted into FACTWB table. When this is done the default logic is running. This default logic might be the problem, maybe it is setup too complex or using MDX syntaxes, or there might be something wrong with the index on the facttables. Since the default logic queries FACT, FAC2 and FACTWB everytime a bad index on fact table can cause performance issues here. But from a previous post I understand your aplicasion is not that big, so I think the setup of logic will be the problem. Try to comment out all default logic and do a data send to see if this is fast. If it is still slow try to send data in Apshell. If this is also slow, then something else is wrong.

-Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all...

i have know the problem why prosses BPC in my company very slow, its because antivirus (kaspersky)...

When protection is enable, prosses send data very slow. But when i turn off the protection, prosses send data faster...

The problem is imposible if i turn off protection to every client. So, what the object, file, application, macro or rule must i exclusion (unscan) with antivirus??

I have already give exclusion to file Ev4DMMPM.xla, but sometime its work, sometime not...

Please help...

Best Regards,

Dharma Setiadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the information you give I can only suggest to check how many records you have in the FACTWB table. Do you run a lite or full optimize via the administration console on a regular basis? Of course a lot of other things can cause performance issues, but I don't know the setup of the application, complexity of logics, the numer of records, number of concurrent users, setup of hardware etc...