cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditmemo for rejected material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have not implemented QM, so we areusing batch characterestics accepted and rejected for goods reciept. So we have send some material (value Rs 2000) for sub contracting with charges as Rs 70/pc.Now, while receiving the material, for rejected material we have to send credit memo.So i have recieved 98 accepted and 2 rejected material.So in invoice verification, i have to create 9870 for accepted material and for rejected material, i have to create credit memo for22000.But system is not accepting for credit memo. Please explain ,how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must post the credit memo as a subsequent credit.

A subsequent debit/credit exists when an additional invoice or credit memo is received for a transaction that has already been invoiced.

When you post an invoice or a credit memo as a subsequent debit/credit, you should note the following:

-The system records every subsequent debit/credit in the purchase order history.

-By posting a subsequent debit/credit, the system updates the ordering transaction on a value basis but not on a quantity basis. The quantity invoiced therefore does not change, but the total value invoiced does.

-The maximum quantity you can subsequently debit or credit is the quantity that has already been invoiced. It is not possible to post a subsequent debit before an invoice. The system does not check the quantity delivered. A subsequent debit/credit cannot be blocked due to quantity variance.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

Thanks for reply. But while doing the subsequent credit memo, it is giving message reveral value greater than the invoiced amount.please rply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

This message is come due to your invoice is not post.

First post your invoice verification and then try to post your credit memo.

And if your invoice is already post then message is come as warring so post your credit memo.No any wrong implication due to this message

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have verifid for the invoice for 99 items 4950 and 1 item rejected 50. Now i want to do credit memo for 1 item Rs1000, but system is accepting for Rs50 only. I am trying for Subsequent credit memo for 1 item and Rs1000, system is givingerror message as " Reversal value is greater than value todate--m8079"This is error message. how to make this warning message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

This error is come due to invoice verification is not posted.

First post your invoice verification with MIRO.

Then post Subsequent Credit wirh MIRO.

Your problem is 100% solved.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

MY BASIC PROBLEM IS, I WANT TO RAISE FOR THE AMOUNT OF RS.1000, WHERE AS I RAISED INVOICE FOR RS.40. SO WHEN I DO SUB SEQUENT CREDIT MEMO FOR 40, SYSTEM WILL ACCEPT, BUT I WANT TO RAISE FOR RS. 1000. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to do the ' Subsequent Adjustment' for the remaining item. Post the one item as Excess consumption and based on this material document raise a credit memo on the Vendor for the material valuation price.

Or, take back the one item left there with the Vendor with 542 movement type and return the same to Vendor with 122 movement type as Damaged. Then, raise Credit memo for the same.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per my view,

You have to create first Invoice with MIRO.

Take receipt quantity and total amount of bill.

Then create Subsequent credit with MIRO.

Take rejected quantity and amount of rejected quantity.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

this is because you have done the IR for 98 only...not for 100....so as you have done it for 98 only..so there is no need to make credit memo for rest 2.....

pls check and revert back...

Regards

Priyanka.P