Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Wait up to n seconds

For using RZL_SLEEP there are two main disadvantages to it. 1. You can only set a maximum of 5 second increments. So you are probably calling multiple sleeps within a loop. 2. You still hold the dialog work process while you sleep. You could be blocking a valuable dialog process for quite some time.

On the other hand, you probably want to look at the ABAP keyword: WAIT. You can do wait up to x seconds. This keyword was really intended for use in Asynchronous RFC calls but works fine in other situations as well. The big advantage it has is that it release the dialog work process while the program is waiting.

Hi all,

Keep in mind the big advantage of wait i'm using wait up to 10 seconds in my applications but i'm getting a dump that

DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_CURSOR

which clearlly told that u can'nt use all these staements between ur select .... end select.

so pls any budy suggest me how to acheived the functionallity of wait up to.... between select...endselect also keep in mind that it release the dialog work process while the program is waiting

MESSAGE (apart from ME

COMMIT WORK

ROLLBACK WORK

BREAK-POINT

WAIT

CALL FUNCTION ... DEST

CALL FUNCTION ... STAR

RECEIVE RESULTS

CALL DIALOG

CALL SELECTION-SCREEN

CALL TRANSACTION

CALL SCREEN, or any ot