cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 for ISeries: Native connectivity with Data Integrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to connect Data Integrator with DB2 for I-Series using a native method i.e. without using ODBC or DB2 Connect.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

scott_broadway
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes -- you can use the DB2Connect software package that supports iSeries (check with IBM to see which package of DB2Connect you need to purchase). After installing and configuring that software, make sure to use "DB2"-type datastores. You will then be using native connectivity.

Thanks,

~Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks bro, but my question still remains unanswered i.e. Native connectivity other than using db2 connect enterprise edition, which is an expensive lisence upgrade. If there is one.

scott_broadway
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

This is the only "native" option for iSeries DB2. It also gives you bulk loading capability, too.

Thanks,

~Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply. Much appreciated

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashant_saini
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have spoken to Jim Miles at Data Direct and he has told me that Business objects DOES have an oem license to redistribute the DB2 ISeries Driver.

Scott,

is there any way that you can follow up on this to find out who we can talk to in order to get a rebranded version of the driver. I am currently at a client that is testing the Trial version of the driver and it works much better than the IBM connect option that is provided by IBM.