cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a material which can be used in T-Codes VAO1 & MB1C create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How can I create a material which can be used to create a sales order and can be used to create inventory using VAO1 and MB1C T-Codes respectively.

What are the configurations that I need to take care of, while creating it?

I need to create a material which can be used in the whole sales cycle(sales order,goods issue,billing and etc).

Please Help,

Thanks in Advance,

Suma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Setup Enterprise Structure (Specially Company Code, Plant, Storage Location, Sales Area and Shipping Point)

2. Take Material Type as "FERT" and activate Quantity and Value Updating for the material type FERT for your Plant in OMS2.

3. Maintain Inventory Parameters for Plant in SPRO > MM > Inventory Management & Physical Inventory > Plant Parameters

4. Assign Sales Area to Sales Document Type in Path SPRO > SD > Sales > Sales Document > Header > Assign Sales Area to Sales Document Type "OR"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your fast replies.. I have created a new material and was able to create inventory thru MB1C. But I was not able to generate a goods delivery(VL01N) and billing document(VF01) for the sales order.

Error: No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date

Message no. VL248

Diagnosis

There are no schedule lines due for the given order item up to the date chosen.

System Response

The system does not create a delivery item for this order item.

Procedure

Check whether the order item to be delivered contains confirmed schedule lines.

If this is the case, set the selection date further into the future if you still want to create a delivery for this item.

Please suggest,

Tanks,

Suma

Edited by: Suma B on Sep 23, 2008 3:55 PM

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VA03 and enter Sales order No and press enter

Here double click on the sales order line item and go to "Schedule Lines" tab, here check the Delivery date on which system has confirmed the delivery quantity.

Enter the same date in VL01N, selection screen in Requested Delivery date field along with Shipping Point and Sales Order No and then create delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your valuble reply, I was able to create a goods delivery but not able to generate a billing document thru VF01

I am using billing type as F2 and billing date as delivery date(even tried with the present date)

Errror:

Document 80015209 does not contain any items with open quantities

Message no. VF171

Diagnosis

Document 80015209 contains no items that can be transferred into a billing document.

System Response

The system rejects any subsequent processing.

Procedure

Check the chosen sales and distribution document.

Thanks in Advance,

Suma

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you have just saved the Delivery Document in VL01N and go the Delivery No as 80015209. You have to do "Post Goods Issue" to despatch materials to Customer. Then only system will allow you to create Billing Document in VF01.

Go to Vl02N and enter Delivery 80015209 and click on "Post Goods Issue" to despatch materials to Customer. As a result of this stock of materials will get reduced from stock, analyse it in MMBE. And then try VF01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

When I click on PGI, getting the following error:

"The storage location is not defined for delivery item 000010".

Thanks,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in the material master whether you have maintained the data under any specific sloc or check your material is available in your sloc...

Reg,

Deepak.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VL02N, enter delivery no and press enter, here in "Picking" tab, enter the despatch storage location and also enter Picking Quantity if field is optional and then do PGI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Picked qty is not optional for me, I have entred storage location and now I am getting a different error.

Error: "Posting only possible in periods 2008/04 and 2008/03 in company code 3000"

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to MMPV and close periods 05 2008 and 06 2008 for Company Code 3000 and then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pankaj for supporing me all the way

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a material with purchasing,MRP, sales and accounting view as all the views can influence the process mentioned by you...

Reg,

Deepak.