cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't delete the return order in VA02?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

when i create a return order (RE) in VA02,and billing ,I found something wrong ,and i need to delete the billing and order.

so I reverse the billing document ,and the status of the return order is open , I want to delete it in VA02, but error occured like this :item can't be deleted because of subsequent document 962000726 ( which is the billing i have reversed) .

why this happen? could you pls help me?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,all

I have consult with our FI personnel about this ,and I have cleared about it .

once an account document been generated ,it can't be delete ,so the order can't be delete,

thank you all for your detailed solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you will be able to delete it because there are subsequent documents. Further more, your accounting document has a one to one relationship to the invoice so You can't delete it either.

I suggest you enter a reason for rejection in your returns order so that it closes it and re-create the process with your corrections;.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend, You have revesed the return Billing document.

With the Transaction VF02. May be your billing got reversed.

Check whether you have released with the green flag to accounting.

Your reverese accounting document must be created then only you can delete the return order.

hope this solves your problem otherwise revert back.

regards,

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, friends

thanks for your explanation first.

yes, I have do billing and the account document was posting automatically . and I do billing reverse in VF11 ,the account document was posting automatically .too.

the document flow is like below:

returns: 0060055264 open

credit for returns 0962000726 completed

accounting document 1100000681 cleared

cancellat.of cred.m 0962000727 completed

accounting document 11000000682 cleared

but how to reverse account document ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its an Accounting activity. Consult FI-Personnel in your company.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

but why can I delete the standard order like this process flow?

I am lost!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only delete documents that have no subsequent documents referenced to it - audit trail purposes.

If you were able to delete this returns document, you would sit with accounting documents that you have no idea where they come from - right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF at all you have not created the delivery of standard order you can delete it anytime.

BUt in satndard system you cannot delete the documents which has subsequent documents .

Consider for standard order :

there is delievery then billing.then accounting document.

In case of return scenerio.

You have to create return order then return delivery and then bill the return delievry and then pass the same to the accounting.

SO as to delete the return order the same process applied cancell all the subsequent documents and delete the order(return)

Hope this clears your doubt.

regards,

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is your very first query:

when i create a return order (RE) in VA02,and billing ,I found something wrong ,and i need to delete the billing and order.

so I reverse the billing document ,and the status of the return order is open , I want to delete it in VA02, but error occured like this :item can't be deleted because of subsequent document 962000726 ( which is the billing i have reversed) .

why this happen? could you pls help me?

Based upon which I tried to provide my closest suggestion.

Now, Would you please tell us whether you checked the same (suggested by me or other Elite members).

I suggest to first work up on given suggestions, still problem exists then Please revert.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1 - You created a return RE order

2 - You created delivery LR

3 - Goods Receipt

4 - Billing - Credit for Returns

5 - Reverse billing document

6 - Check that it is posted to FI

7 - Reverse GR (VL09)

8 - Delete delivery

9 - Delete return order

Is this the process you followed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Acct. Doc. for Reversed Billing hasn't been settled-down.

Please get in-touch with FI-Personnels.

Best Regards,

Amit