TPM and CCMS in RWB
Please let me know what is TPM and CCMS in RWB.
Please explain in detail their significance in RWB.
Thank you all.
SAP XI uses the monitoring infrastructure of SAP NetWeaver Application Server, such as the CCMS alert monitor and the alert framework. Monitoring can be accessed using the Runtime Workbench (RWB).
The following tools are used by the Runtime Workbench :
CCMS (Computing Center Management System)
u2022 Monitoring and administration of SAP System Landscapes
u2022 Configuration possible within Runtime Workbench
TPM (Process Monitoring Infrastructure)
u2022 Monitor and analyze integrated processes involving multiple components in distributed system environments
u2022 Display detailed information about processes, process flow, process steps and performance figures
u2022 Configuration of alerts to reflect the needs of specific processes
u2022 Part of SAP Web AS
The CCMS Monitor returns a status in the Runtime Workbench for every component. The information is displayed by means of an icon, which can be red, yellow, green and gray (red for a problem, yellow for a warning, green for success and gray for undefined)
The following are the capabilities of CCMS
u2022 CCMS forms the core component of the Alert Framework.
u2022 It is possible to monitor and administer SAP System Landscapes.
u2022 Integration with Runtime Workbench alert is possible.
u2022 CCMS configurations are global; hence itu2019s not required to set specific monitors for each interface.
1) Transaction RZ20 is used for creating monitors in CCMS, select Extras --> Activate maintenance functions.
2)Go to monitor (set) --> create, you will get to the following screen:in transaction RZ20 select extras --> activate maintenance functions.
3)Go to monitor (set)--> create, you will get to the screen:
4)click <<< new monitor>>> and select create nodes (F5) button from the toolbox icon.
5)select rule node and hit the continue button.
6)in the next dialog select CCMS_DEFINE_R_SYSTEMS as the rule definition and hit the continue button.
7)Now select <CURRENT> from the match code for the R3 system parameter value and hit the continue button.
Note: pls remember that we are creating a rule Based monitor: we need to make sure NO object checked from the selectable MTE tree.
8) The next step is to create the virtual node to group all the MTEs that we should select from the MTE classes shown in point a. TO do this ,
click on CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS if it is not already selected and hit create nodes (F5) button from the toolbox. now select
virtual node and hit the continue button.
9)in the name field write something like: test rule based monitors and hit the continue button.
10) now click under test rule based monitors to select them and then hit on create nodes (F5)
choose Rule based and hit continue button.
11) On the next screen select CCMS_GET_MTE_BY_CLASS as the rule name and the hit the hit the continue button.
12)Now we need to add each MTE class from point a. to tje following screen on the MTE class
paramater value. select all of them and hit continue button.
13) the next step is to include all MTE classes already defined in point a. you will need to repeat these steps for each
additional class you want to add to the monitor set.
14) After all classes has been included into the monitoring set hit the save button from the toolbox.
15) you will be prompted for a monitor name , write something meaningful.
The new Monitor set should be display
Find the links
Edited by: sree on Sep 23, 2008 9:22 AM