cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender file adapter not polling the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have configured a filexifile scenario....

but the file sender adapter is not polling the file at all....

i dont c any message either in RWB or in SXMB_MONI

i checked the adapter framework url at <i>http://<ximachine>;<port>/AdapterFramework</i>....and the status for the file adapter is green...

but the message it gives there is

<i>Sender Adapter v1014 for Party '', Service 'TASL_FILE_SENDER':

Configured at 03:07:24 2006-02-02

Up and running - no message processing until now

last poll interval started 04:01:24 2006-02-02

length 60,000 secs</i>

y is the sender adapter not polling the file..

i am using NFS as my File System....i gave the source directory as <i>d:/test_dir/</i>

is this way of specifying the source directory on a windows machine correct...

thanks

pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are XI and file on the same machine? Otherwise I recommend you the network path like "
server\directory\filename", this works fine with me. And try a polling interval of 10 seconds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is probably something wrong with the File Adapter. You will need to go to the RunTime Workbench >> Component Monitoring >> Display >> Click on the Adapter Engine >> More information will display and click on the button 'Adapter Monitoring' >> A new window will display and click on the arrow next to your adapter engine. This displays a list of adapters running on your system. Green light means good; Red, you have a configuration problem. Look at the error and try and resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN your File adapter reduce the polling interval time from 60,000 secs to say 300 seconds. That means every 5 minutes the polling will take place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note : The file names are CaSe Sensitive.