Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

what does it mean,resetting of clearing document and reversing of clearing?

Hi SAPians,

Suppose my clearing doc.no is say 100000.if i reverse it thru fb08,system will generate new doc no.m i rite?and the accounting impact will be like debit items will become credit and viceversa.but my doubt is if i only reset the clearing doc.no by FBRA then what will happen and what will be the accounting impact ? and what will happen if i reset with reverse the clearing doc. and what will be the accounting impact?

Regards,

Sumeya offrin

Former Member
Former Member replied

Dear Sumeya,

You have written "my clearing doc.no is say 100000.if i reverse it thru fb08,system will generate new doc no.m i rite?"

You cannot reverse a cleared document in fb08.

Now let me answer you other questions.

Say for example you have posted a document no. 100005. Then using FB08, you Reverse it and a new CLEARING document no. is generated, say doc. no. 100006. So out here whatever entry posted in doc. no. 100005 gets reversed in document no. 100006. (ie. debit becomes credit & vice versa). This document no. 100006 is your clearing document. Now, both documents, ie. 100005 & 100006 contains no open items. Both documents are cleared against each other.

Now when you only reset the cleared document no. 100006, it becomes an open line item document. There are no financial impacts. But, when you reset and reverse the cleared document no. 100006, a new document number is generated, say for example, document no. 100007 which is a reverse entry of document number 100006. Most importantly, document nos 100006 and 100007 gets cleared against each other. Both, document number 100006 & 100007 are cleared documents. There is a financial impact out here and the original document no. 100005 becomes an open line item document.

It will be a little confusing if you read it once, but put this example on a paper & then analyse, am sure your doubts will be cleared.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit Maniar.

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question