cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter one table based on user selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am creating simple employee data application in VC. It consists of roadmap. On first step user searches for employee by giving first name , last name then he searches for employee and all the data related to employee's is fetched out at one shot through BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA. Now after step one no of employee comes.

When I select one record I want that for the selected rows employee's personal data should be fetched out from another table (which is populated during first BAPI call). so I want to pass the selected key value and filter that table based on passed value to table and filter the table .

Kindly give a solution as to implement filter on a table without making another BAPI call .

Thanks in advance

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florain

Thank a ton for good suggestion. Now I have a new problem, In my model I have tried to implement a wizard (based on layer).On one layer I have one table A, I want to move into second wizzard once user selects table . But when I try to connect layer one to layer two , select action of table A is not comming as an event name ,Only event I am able to get is gotorow , and When I select it , it does not navigate to second wizzard.

Thanks in advance

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

There's a trick to get a 'dynamic' filter (i.e. a filter that filters on a value that can change) out of the normal static filters:

Just click on the output of your data source, then 'configure' and on the '+' - sign in the lower right corner. Add a boolean field called 'condition', for example. Then, you write the condition that filters out the row(s) that you need. In the filter that comes next in the dataflow you just filter on this 'condition' - field being true.

Hope that helps,

Sincerely,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza

Thanks for a reply , but I want to transfer dynamic values into filter also

secondly I have already called RFC before hence there is data present already.

Thanks

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a control named filter in VC. Just drag the output of your BAPI to filter and hardcode the value of your field (eg. 'ABC' if you want to filter for 'ABC') and create a table iview from this filter output.

Regards,

Murtuza Kharodawala