Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods movement in Confirmation IW42,

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai all PM gurus,

I have activated the back flush indicator in the Material master record.I have maintained the components in the task list also.In the maintenace plan for that the particular task list, the componetns also copied - flagged the check box back flush indicator manually in the components screen. While doing confirmation by IW42, the goods movements are not posted?. In the components over view screen also, the material is not copied?. What might be the problem?. Any configuration required.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you post the the error message while saving confirmation,system will show confirmation saved goods movement failed:1 or 2 .

also the component overview screen you are mentioned i think while confirmation the activity ,if that is the case back flush marked components will not display while doing confirmation unless you have marked the all components

regards

thyagarajan

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1.There is no error message while save the confirmation.

2.Only one component - material is maintained in the task list & also copied in the maintenance order.

3.All components?. wht's this ?

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

how you came to know the goods movement has not posted.while confirming definitely it will show message as confirmed and goods movement posted.

kindly read the sap definition for ALL components

All components on goods movements overview

Specifies that in the goods movements overview, all components are to be displayed that are assigned to the operation in question. The system posts the withdrawal of all components displayed in the overview as a backflush.

Use

You use this indicator to decide which components are displayed in the overview for individual time confirmation:

If you set the indicator, the system displays all the components regardless of whether or not the backflushing indicator is set for the component in the order.

If you do not set the indicator, the system only displays the components for which the backflushing indicator is set.

In addition, the material produced appears in the goods movements overview if it is to be placed into stock using an automatic goods receipt. You specify whether or not an automatic goods receipt is to take place in Customizing for the operation control key or in the production scheduling profile.

Dependencies

The indicator has no influence on the overall completion confirmation.

regards

thyagarajan

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

The indicator has no influence on the overall completion confirmation.

I am facing the problem in tcode IW42 - Overall completion confirmation only. If i do the individual confirmation by IW37, then the system is showing the components also against the particular operation.

Now the requirement is, want's to bring the components in the IW42 - Component overview screen? How to get this?.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in the T code IW42 ,enter your order no and enter ,system will display the operation details in time confirmation screen ,from the operation details ,select the operation data(from left 4th column) system will display the material attached to the operation

or if you want to confirm particular operation then in IW42 enter the order and operation number combination ,system will show the materials attached

regards

thyagarajan

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

Thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

I have question here. In case of IW42, if there is no backflushing indicator anywhere (in Material master, in Work center, in Tasklist, in BOMs & in order also & in customization also no tick available for backflushing or Material movements ). Then also if i give order & operation, material is getting picked up in IW42 transaction.Why? In Iw 41 it is not.

Can any body explain this?

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Backflush Determination:

- If the u201CAll componentsu201D indicator is set in the Confirmation Parameter settings in the IMG, then this setting overrides ALL other settings and ALL materials will be backflushed.

- Manual changes in the order operations override the Work Centre and Material Master settings.

- If the Material Master is set to u201CAlways backflushu201D, then this overrides the Work Centre settings.

- If the Material Master is set to u201CWork centre decides whether to backflushu201D, then the Work Centre must also be set for backflushing for the process to work.

The backflush process for PM/CS orders still requires you to access the goods movement screen in IW41 where the materials with valid backflush indicators will be displayed. If you do not enter this screen then the materials will not be backflushed.

[Useful info|http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=307634]

former_member288833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In PM order after confirmation goods movement not picking automatically that’s why our actual cost not updating.thanks for your suggestion operation parameters set "All components"

But  we have set the All components it allow all components like Spare material ,raw material,finish good material,now we want only spare material in PM order ,Is there any option?

Thanks

Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Check the control parameter for completion confirmations for the order types. In this please check whether the checkbox of "All Components" in Material Movement sub-screen is checked or not. If not, please check the option & then try.

I think this will solve your problem. if not let me know.

Regards

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Follow the path. It might help you to do so.

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide>Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>Maintenance and Service Processing>Completion Confirmations>Define Control Parameters for Completion Confirmations>Select your order type and plant and go in detail view and there select check box All component in the right side.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai