cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general ledger in PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you explain to me what is the use of the G/L account field in the component general data tab for

1) project valuated stock

2) non stock with item category N

Regards,

JIggs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

valuation type is assigned to material and this valuation type is assigned to G/L.

when we create the pr by assigining the material to activity this G/L is picked by valuation class.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why does in PS, require a G/L account for the PR both for project stock and non-stock?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the gl requirement has nothing to do with project stock or non stock

basically when you create a requisition the commitment has to go against a cost element which if not specified in the material master is taken from this gl that you specify. The gl is a P&L account which has an associated cost element with the same number.

project stock and non stock is based on different concepts and I suggest you read the sap help on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess i was not clear with my question, everytime i create a Res+PReq for a component (project stock), why does the system require me to input a g/l account?

Edited by: Jigger on Sep 24, 2008 2:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Beacuse you have not maintained the G/L account against the valuation class of the material. You need to maintain it using T code OBYC under transaction GBB.

Regards

Answers (0)