Any option to fetch first few records in Webi as in Oracle suppors this ability

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you mean fetch first few records based on some measure

yes there is, it called ranking,

you can display like the first 3 high sales countries.

its ranking option and it exist in the Webi.

if you mean fetch first few records by default

then yes you can do it usine the rowindex, or rownumber something like that exist in the webi too.

good luck

Amr

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean that you have a millions of record and you want to load first 10000 in first page, then second 10000 in next page, 10000 in next page...No, Query execution is not possible that way you are talking about, You can only restrict the query (no of record retrieve)

by edit query panel (property tab) or from the universe (Parameter->Query tab ). This is how you can limit the execution of Query..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx once again however ranking is post query execution report manulation feature.

What I meant my this restricting record retrival is based on user action so if there are millions of row and query takes time to execute Is there any way when user execute the query only 1000 rows will be retrived and rest will be on next user action perhaps clicking next button or so.

Thanx

Sam

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in XI R2 they had the Ranking before you run the query, in the query filter itself, there was an option to rank the data into the query itself.

i dont know if it exists in XI 3.0

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actually it exists in XI 3.0 too, i found it in the filter panel itself

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Then you can set the limits of the query in the query panel to restrict the number of rows you want to return... as per my previous post.

Ranking is used for analysis purposes...

Hope this helps

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samunder,

In the query panel when you build the query, you can set the properties of the query by setting the limits in the properties tab.

Otherwisel, if you are looking at only retrieving the Top N rows, then ranking would be what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

Jacques