Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technical field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can some one provide me The TABLE-FIELD for GOODS RECIPT DATE.

thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,.

before posting a question try to use SEARCH for ur field .

use SE15 transaction to get those details.

give description as goodsreceipt and execute.

0 Kudos

>

> hi,.

>

> before posting a question try to use SEARCH for ur field .

I appreciate you answer. And if you are wondering why I answered this question, then let me justify it by saying, there are too many dates that one could consider as the GR date. As I said in the answer, its upto the Enduser/ Functional ppl to decide what they consider as the GR Date.

pk

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I appreciate you answer. And if you are wondering why I answered this question, then let me justify it by saying, there are too many dates that one could consider as the GR date. As I said in the answer, its upto the Enduser/ Functional ppl to decide what they consider as the GR Date.

yes exactly ,then he should come up with that exact requirement with which he wants to find out.

i mean for ex from which transaction he want those details like.

cheers

0 Kudos

Assuming he wants the date after a MIGO, theres still the follwing dates:

Document Date

Posting Date

Inward Date

Party Challan Date

Which again makes me wonder as to why ABAPers post these questions to other ABAPers when they can actually ask the Functional guys or the End Users themselves.

pk

0 Kudos

Brother but Inward date(MSEG-VFDAT) what you have suggest is entirely different from Goods recipt date

Generally in SAP VFDAT is not filled by system unless you feed it manually , but Goods recipt date never blank whatever, whereever your user suggest.it's never blank.

let me explain if goods recipt date is blank,what consequen ces on SAP would be,>> material in your stock has been increased but you dont know on which date you have been!!! means SAP MM fails at its origin itself...No PO can be generated no Invoice can be genrated, No invoice means.....you can imagine further

Again let me explain how VFDAT is filled :either by manual or its depends on your production date (Depends on your material master) .

PS:As per standard senerio of SAP it would be either BUDAT or BLDAT but again it depends on your endusers and functional people

Cheers

0 Kudos

> Brother but Inward date(MSEG-VFDAT) what you have suggest is entirely different from Goods recipt date

>

> Generally in SAP VFDAT is not filled by system unless you feed it manually , but Goods recipt date never blank whatever, whereever your user suggest.it's never blank.

>

> let me explain if goods recipt date is blank,what consequen ces on SAP would be,>> material in your stock has been increased but you dont know on which date you have been!!! means SAP MM fails at its origin itself...No PO can be generated no Invoice can be genrated, No invoice means.....you can imagine further

>

> Again let me explain how VFDAT is filled :either by manual or its depends on your production date (Depends on your material master) .

>

> PS:As per standard senerio of SAP it would be either BUDAT or BLDAT but again it depends on your endusers and functional people

>

> Cheers

Brother, I dont deny anything you've said. But again over here Inward Date is the second date entered at the Site(first being Party Challan Date).

Inward Date is the date on which the Goods enter the site. And the GRN is generated at the time when the truck enters the site. 99% of the times both the dates are same. Yes budat/bldat is generally accepted as the GRN date, but my end-users want to see Inward Dates as the GR Dates in their customised reports, so that they can set the record straight with the Vendor and Contractors.

As I said in one of my previous posts, there are atleast 3 dates that could be considered as the GR Date. But that differs according to the business processes. Once again its upto to the End Users. If end users say that a pig is a donkey, then yes a pig is a donkey.

pk

0 Kudos

>

If end users say that a pig is a donkey, then yes a pig is a donkey.

> pk

Boy again i'm slightly disagree on this comment.

its all depends you(Developers ) how you handle your client see my last post in

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out MSEG_VFDAT (Inward Date).

But i guess your functional guy or end-user would be a better judge to decide what they consider as the Goods receipt date.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NarendraNath,

Check field BLDAT in MKPF table.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The field name is SRS_WEDAT. but in my system its no where used in table fields. Try a Where used list on this field name in se15.

0 Kudos

Sorry i did a maistake in my previous post. Its Actually data element, i miss spelt it as Field name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MKPF-BLDAT is the correct one..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can get in

Posting Date : MKPF-BUDAT

Document Date MKPF-BLDAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

MKPF this is Header: Material Document