Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer purchase order history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If Migrating PO,

The PO history can be migrated, seemingly, without posting GRs & IRs it is possible or not.

and how we find?

I tried, using Data transfer workbench standard program RM06EEI1. but i dont know how to create PO History without GR and IR posted(MIGO and MIR7).

Thanks for help advance,

Amudha

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amudha,

have u seen the documentation of this program ?

regards

prabhu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Yes i already read my program documentation.

the standard program RM06EEI1,

the input file format for this program is RM06EEEX, if i change any records it is not updated to the database, i dont know why. but, when i change records and save it. it shows "data was saved".

i couldn't understand that one.

can you help me.

Thanks in advance,

Amudha.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhavan

About 18 months ago I was involved in SAP-to-SAP migration project because the customer had to make such big changes due to legal obligations that it did not make sense to try and customize the "old" SAP system.

One of the last business objects that we migrated were the purchase orders, and in particular, their history.

If I remember correctly we used the classical BAPI_PO_CREATE1 for the migration and a detailed XML diff analysis of the "same" PO on the old vs. the new system revealed that they were almost identical (except for obvious changes like create date / time, etc.).

Apparently the goods receipts and invoice receipts had been migrated before the PO migration.

I am not sure whether it is technical possible to migrate POs without GRs & IRs but I do not think that such an approach is useful for the customer.

Regards

Uwe