cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third part Sales Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is nothing related to configuration.

Just want to understand that in a third party sales order, when the 3rd party vendor delivers goods to the customer, then after that how does the delivering plant location knows that the 3rd party vendor has delivered complete / partial goods?

Does he send any kind of acknowledgement in the form of any document to the delivering plant and and after that only the delivering plant bills the customer?

Please let me know in case of any other information required?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

In Third Party Sales scenario, the vendor sends a shipping notification.

After that a statistical goods receipt is posted.

The incoming invoice from the vendor updates the billing quantity, so that the customer-billing document can only be created after entering the invoice from the vendor.

Hope this helps u.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In cases of vendor sending the goods directly, there is an acknowledgement like POD sent from customer to you. Only then trade invoice is triggered.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for the answer.

As per GSL, "Once the third party vendor supplies the goods he intimates you".That is exactly what my question is.

Does the 3rd party intimation to the delivering plant comes in the form of any hardcopy and captured in the system .And if it is then which document is generated.Is it the GR that will be generated?

Secondly, as per Sivanand,"In cases of vendor sending the goods directly, there is an acknowledgement like POD sent from customer to you.". Do we need to have any special setting for POD in the item category or document type in the system for this?

Edited by: Christino Ronaldo on Sep 23, 2008 8:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please let me know if I have asked any incorrect question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Third party sales vendor will send support documents to delivery plant and to customer. Even delivery plant can get acknowledgment from the customer as well.

Regards

Happy Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the third party vendor supplies the goods he intimates you. Upon which you need to do a logical GR against the PO created on the Vendor.

Regards,

GSL.