cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material no should not be changed in return claim process(expert opinion)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I had a case where Material number should not be changed in return order,). In case of alternate material two instances have been observed where lower value material has been booked as claim and higher value material has been adjusted with credit note issued.

Change Required:

Ensure that Claim and Return order are in sync with the parent invoice in terms of Material Number.Material number change should not be allowed in the entire claim process in the system.

Please help me out, and what config has to be done, please expalin me

Regards

Gururaj prahlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your return process enforces a reference, then the users shouldn't be able to change the material.

Can you tell us if the returns order is or not created with reference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The return order is wrt to invoice

thanks & regards

Gururaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure? Normally a return order is created with reference to the sales order?

Perhaps this is why your process is not working as it should.

Can you double check please?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gururaj

Yes return order should always be created referencing the origin billing document and what you have done is correct.

But, in normal circumstances, in return order, material code cannot be changed once you refer the origin invoice. In fact, the material code field will become uneditable in creation mode itself.

Anyway, please go to VTAF, select the combination of your return order type and billing type and again select item category which you would have created for returns. There check whether you have maintained the following:-

DataT::::::::::::::::::153

DataT::::::::::::::::::104

DataT::::::::::::::::::004

Copying requirements:::303

Update document flow::::X

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

regards

gururaj