cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPN Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anybody send me entire information about MPN. If sombody have presentation of MPN please send

me. That will be very helpfull for me.

What is MPN

What is use of MPN.

Thanks

Yogesh 9860659100

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Go trough library MPN , u will find it.

Pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MPN helps the vendor/supplier/manufacturrer to identify his part easy which he normally uses in his company/plant at the time of procurement. For eg: In the machine Angle grinder, the parts list are given in the catelogue. When you purchase the spare parts for your grinding machine you mention Manufacturer Part nu.as per his catelogue. This helps the supplier to supply the material as per his material nu.

If the material master record for your companyu2019s own material contains a manufacturer part profile providing for checking against the approved manufacturer parts list, the system will check each MPN material that is entered to verify that it is an approved one.

In the course of the procurement process (e.g. when a purchase order is created with reference to a requisition), it may be necessary to change the manufacturer part number if parts that are comparable in form and function are involved. You can specify in the MPN profile whether it is generally permissible to switch the MPN material in this way.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Check the link you'll definetly find in it, check in tree structure also:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/75/ee15e055c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm

hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P