cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Master data through Report Programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a master data infoobject named INFOOBJECt, and in compounding tab it has the infoobject INFOAREA. I am inserting values into this master data infoobject through a standalone ABAP program (SE38). After execution of the program if i go to the P-Table, i am able to see the data that is being inserted into the infoobject. But if i right click the infoobject and say maintain master data it is not showing any data. The number of entries is shown as 0. I also tried activating the master data, but still it say no data available.

Can anyone please tell me how to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

RR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think so just updating your P table will make the master data available.

What about SID generations ???

I think you need to mainitain the master data in the maintain master data screen or load it.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Insted of directly updating p table you can try following solution.

1. Create ztable & update that z table instead of p table.

2. Create generic extractor in BW of type master data attributes.

3. Create transformation / update rule /transfer rule as per your requirement .And system should take all the possible validation / upation in to account and update things accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is like Praveen G said. It is not enough to insert data in P-Table. What about activation, SID-Tables...

"every Infoobject has it'S SID table for the values, called S-table. Each value of the object has a sid entry. If you activate with master data then you can add additional attributes and so on, so one or more additional tables will be activated, the so called M- and P-tables (may be X and Y tables for time- and non-timedependent attributes). So switching on and off master data will just create additional tables or not. You can see it in the strip if you check master data then you have this additional tables."

Take also a look:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/28/4c1738da41e57ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Regards

Andreas