cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance problem with the use of Nav Attr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have turn on the Nav Attr of the MultiProvider. I built the report from this MultiProvider, and use this Nav Attr

as part of my selection key. I noticed that if we use the Nav Attr as selection key, it will slow down the performance in

general. It take some 30 sec to display a single record.

Is there any where and anything we can do to improve the performance in this case?

Please advise, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which kind of objects are included in the multiprovider ?

Also it seems that system is reading entire data in the data target involved in multiprovider , thats why its taking long time .

I think you should create index upon it and then see the performance .

In case infocube is present in multiprovider, aggregate may help.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa, Mr Kapadia,

Thanks for you advise, can you please explain the steps on how the Index should be created?

I have InfoObject Master Data 0PM_ORDER used in the MultiProvider. This Master Data has Nav Attribute 0COMP_CODE. I turn ON this Nav Attr in the MultiProvider which I need it to be part of my selection key.

How should I do the indexing?

Please advice, thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Queries using navigational attributes will be slower since additional tables have to be joined with the Fact tables to get the desired results. If there are changes to the values of navigational attributes, the aggregates using these will have to be readjusted, which is done by a change run. Navigational attributes can be made to display only without removing the data from the cube.

Possible workaround for this situation could be, manually creating indexes on the master date table to improve query performance which uses navigational attribute.

Regards

Shilpa