cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block the consignment fill up stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In the consignment fill up cycle, we all know that on doing the PGI, the unrestricted stock is converted into customer stock.

The requirement is that on dong the PGI for consignment fill up cycle, the system should show the stock as restricted or may be in blocked state (which cannot be used in the consignment issue cycle), and when the consignee actually receives the stock in his premises, it should become customer (un-restricted) stock (and can be used in the consignment issue cycle).

Please let me know how can we achieve it.

Thanks and Regards.

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

As per your question, this is what I understand. When the consignee physically receives the goods, only then it should be posted into consignment special stock. Is that what you asked?

If yes, then when you PGI the KB order, the stock must be posted as:

Unrestricted to consignment special stock at your plant & Stock in transit in consignee plant.

When he receives the stock at his premises, then he should post it from stock in transit to customer stock. Here the stock will still remain in consignment special stock in your plant.

When the consignee does PGI to the LE order to the end customer, then you should down the stock at 2 places: Consignment special stock in your plant & customer stock at consignee plant. KEN items are always maintained as consignment special stock with entry W in VOV7.

When the customer returns the goods to the consignee then you need to up the stock in 2 places: Customer stock in consignee plant & consignment special stock in your plant. When processing PGR for KA, then you will finally reduce the consignment special stock & up the quality inspection stock.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have tried to understand your question but it is not very clear.

The consignment stock means that the company still owns the stock but the stock it is at the customer's premises.

This means that the company must still account for it.

So, when you run stock queries, you should see, for example, total stock 1000 each, 900 is unrestricted and 100 is in consignment - it shows in customer consignment but the company still owns it, however no one can touch this stock. If you try to allocate this stock to any other order it will not allow you. If this is not happening with your consignment process, then check what movement type is being used in the fill-up steps.

From here the customer has two options:

1 - Return the stock

2 - Consume it

1 - If the customer returns it then it is just a movement type in the process that moves the stick from "consignment status" to unrestricted.

2 - If the customer consumes it, then you issue it out to the customer - this means that the company no longer owns it, the stock now belongs to the customer.

This SAP standard process is an exact replica of any consignment process throughout the world.

Let me know what the issue is