cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while changing UME data Source of EP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to change the UM Congifuration for my EP.

Currently EP is using ECC System as UME data source, Now I am trying to change it from ECC to SCM.

For that I have done SSO between EP and SCM, also I have created SAPJSF id on SCM with roles

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION, SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO, SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT_RFC and maintained same id on EP under Um Configuration- SAP System.

After doing this while checking the test connection it is giving me following error.

(System ID): com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: 'mshost' missing

(System ID & System Number): com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102)

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=mmscmsaptst SYSNR=00

GWHOST=mmscmsaptst GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host mmscmsaptst / sapgw00

ERROR Return codes ( function=STIAsRcvFromGw / CPIC-RC=CM_PARAMETER_ERROR / SAP-RC=C_NIHOSTTOADDR )

TIME Tue Sep 23 10:55:04 2008 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT CPIC (TCP/IP) with Unicode VERSION 3

RC 772 MODULE r3cpic.c LINE 5079 COUNTER 2

Pl help to resolve above issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain sapmsPRD in C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetcservices

The entry should be something like

sapmsPRD 20017/tcp

also check this thread.

/padmanaban

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

This RFC error is encountered when there is no message server host name in this file.

C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/services

make an entry like this sapmsPBI 3600/tcp

3600 is the port number , try to figure out the correct port number for SCM and update this.

These changes are to be done on your Portal side.

Good Luck.

Sandeep Tudumu

Edited by: Sandeep Tudumu on Sep 23, 2008 11:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I have added the said entry on my portal with message server port number of SCM, but still I ma getting same exception while cheking the connection.

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

Try adding the portal entry on the SCM (services and host file)like you have done earlier and let me know what you observe.

Please check the host file entry under etc folder as well.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I have maitained hosts on both the servers.

My EP is single stack (java), So does it require to add its sapms entry in the service file ofSCM Server ?

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have changed the SAP System under UM configuration on EP. After that while taking OS level restart of EP Server, j2ee Server is not starting properly.

In SAP Management Console on EP, jlaunch process stays in yellow mode it is not changing to green.

Pl help since because of this my EP Server is not wroking.

Regards,

Aditya.