cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I want to know tcode for payment entries in order to control check lot series.

One i know is f58 which is used for vendor open item payment.Similarly i want to know same for down payment to vendor and GL account payment.In both the case system should pick up check number automatically as it picks up in f58.

Immediate reply will be appreciated.

Regards,

Greeshma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greeshma,

If you want to calculate TDS while making down payment to your vendor, then you will have to customize Withholding Tax in SPRO for Payment Posting and attach the customized Withholding Tax for Payment Posting in vendor master record. Hope you know the steps for the same, else pls let me know, I shall ellaborate in details & step by step.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit Maniar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amit,

yes i know the steps for tds at the time of down payment.but that process applies only in f-48 n not in f-58..I want the same process in f-58 even.how can i do that

Greeshma

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try this through F-47. Make payment request and then make payment for this payment request as open item through F-58

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u explain me the steps pls.

Regards

Greeshma

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to maintain the following before you record the transaction

1. TDS is maintained for advance Payment in Vendor Master.

2. Maintain Spl GL Indicator for Advance as well as for Down Payment Request.

Steps involved

1. In F-47 choose the Vendor and Spl GL Indicator for Advance and save the request. Here itself the system will prompt for TDS

2. Go to F-58 . Here give the Spl GL Indicator for Down Payment Request and process open items. The down payment request created through f-47 will appear as open item.Choose the same and make Payment

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i did that as what u said but while selecting the request document it deducted tds amount twice i.e it deducts tds at the time of down payment request and also at the time of selecting of request invoice in f-58.

How can i control it not to calculate tds amount twice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the problem occuring in the accounting entry generated through F-58. i.e. Is TDS deducted twice in this entry. Since F-47 does not create an accounting entry double accounting of TDS does not take place. What I have experienced is that in F-47 system prompts for the base amount for TDS calculation and uses the same in the F-58 entry. But accounting for TDS is only once. Is it same in your case or entry for TDS is of twice the required amount?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

TDS is calculated twice which is wrong.How to control this.

I have one more thing to ask.

While using f-58 when the correspondence letter prints,for every page of same document it picks new cheque number.How can i make it in such a way that for every single document system should pick only one cheque number no matter how many pges gets printed in correspondence letter.

regads,

greeshma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii..

If you do a manual entry for making payment than you also have to maintain the same check in fch5 & if you run automatic payment program than it automatically gets updated in check registe.

Regards,

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better you can use Transaction Code FBZ5

Thnaks

NP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

F-58 is the correct Tcode to used. At the initial screen, you will define the check lot, in case you want to change the check lot on the succeeding entries, you may hit back or the green arrow to provide the check lot you want.

You may view the check lots detailed in FCHI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in f-58 it does not calculate tds at the time of down payment.how can i do that.i dont want to use f-48.i want the same function in f-58.

greeshma