cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuartion

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I m working on Variant configuration scenario. In VC as we are linking configured material with configurable material through CS40. How we should link the routing of Configured product to Configurable product.

What is the exact difference and significance of Action, Procedure and Preconditions while defining object dependencies. WHen we should use Action, Procedure and Preconditioning.

When i am creating sales and and choosing variant. I want to maintain dependencies in Characteristics such that if i select any specific Characteristic value in first characteristics ten either the whole 3 characteristics should get invisible or few characteristics should be invisible i.e.those vallues can not be selected.

Eg. If i select the The vehicle as Maruti 800 then the steering type characteristics or its types should get vanish as i am not providing power steering for maruti 800 and it will by default come with manual steering.

Please help me.

Regards,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to avoid stuffing so many questions in one thread, as it may put off potential responders.

The five types of dependencies were

Preconditions

Selection conditions

procedures

Actions and

Constraints.

Actions is now declared obsolete and advised not to be used by SAP.

SAP also warns that if you use both actions and procedures you may face serious issues. So action is no longer an object dependency, only the other four are.

Please refer link below for definition of each type with an example

[SAP Library -VC|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm]

In the above link check under infotree "dependencies" for explanations and examples.

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q:How we should link the routing of Configured product to Configurable product.

A: You can do that by going into CA02 (routing) tcode for the configurable material and under "material assignment" give in the configured material number.

For rest of your questions please use the link from previous messages. As told by other members VC is a big area and would involve an indepth study to understand its functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answering your queries reg. VC is very big subject here .

Pls. go through following link first :

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/96/468f38721f9977e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

It will clarify you different aspects of VC like OD, Actions , Preconditions , Selection Conditions etc.

Then revert with your specific doubts and the exact information required by you.

Regards,

Tejas