cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data structure changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

If there is a change in any one of the Data structure in Source system side for example expanding center code from 4 to 5 characters in R/3 .what should i do to replicate this change in BI system. I need information.Please let me know.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Whenever you made any changes (any technical changes to the DS (i.e) adding new fields, changing the technical attributes of the field etc... ) or create new DS or install BC DS, you need to replicate in BW. At the time of replication, it copy logical view of DS in SAP BW(Means Meta data will Transfered). Without replicating it's not pissible setup data flow.

After changing the extract structure, save and activate the structure. Then make sure the datasource is saved and ready to extract the data by checking for the data extraction in RSA3.

Then, after doing those modifications in R/3 side, you need to do this replication of meta data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Yokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Replication process at BW is first part of change, this will make sure that datasource reflects changed size in characters.e.g. 5 char.

Now next thing is to change/update size of the info object which stores data in BW side.

Along with this change you need to revisit all the data target / transformations which uses this info object.

Some cases database table adjustment for masterdata is required which can be done through tcode SE14.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

After doing the change in the extract structure, follow these steps:

1. Goto the source system tab in the modelling window.

2. Select the source system and right-click on it.

3. From the context menu, choose 'Display Datasource Tree'.

4. It will show you the datasource tree, that are replicated from the source system.

5. Then , select the datasource for which you changed the structure and click on the 'replicate' option.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Yokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yokesh,

Thank you for your reply.Please tell me the steps to follow to changes in exract structure.I have confusion on this.Your reply for this question will be useful.

Thanks,