Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC1 authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

we do not have authorization for scc1.So whenever v work on script we were put in a trouble and need help from basis people for every change.Is there any other alternative that can be done with developement module without basis help for client copy?

28 REPLIES 28

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should get the authorization for SCC1, because it is a must when you are working with Scripts so ask basis people to give authorization. As per my knowledge there is no option.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hemalatha,

Upto my Knowledge Development Objects(Which are stored in Workbench request) need not be copied to other client as they are client-independent.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

SAPScripts are Client Dependent

Regards

MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think SCC1 is the only option and i would suggest, you request and get the authorization for SCC1.

Normally developers should have Authorization for the same

Regards

MD

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I always Transport my script from SE10>STMS .

0 Kudos

Amit,

Can you please let me know how to move a request between two clients (in the same server) using STMS.It will be quite helpful when doing a script.I don't have authorisation to SCC1 but having STMS..

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Is Your Script Generates TR?

0 Kudos

hi,

use program RSTXSCRP.

u can export and import script from one client to other client using this program.

first export to desktop and then import to other client from there.

0 Kudos

Amit,

Yes it does

I am trying this way.

STMS

.....Import Overview(f5)

.......select the development and display IMPORT QUEUE(f8)

..........select the request and import request(ctrl+f11)

...............give the target client

.................execute.

Kindly let me is it the process to move a request in between two clients in the same server using STMS.

Thanks,

K.Kiran

0 Kudos

Exactly....:-)

0 Kudos

Amit,

But in STMS my request is not showing up.Do I need to release it first using SE09 so that it shows up in STMS overview?

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

If you are having Same server for both client than Scc1 is the only option.but in my case i'm having different server but same client than i' able to transport it via SE10>STMS.

yes you need to realease it first.

But there is very bad idea if you are having same server different client.

how is the R/3 than?

Edited by: Ámit Güjärgoüd on Sep 23, 2008 7:36 AM

0 Kudos

Amit,

Ok.So,SCC1 is the only way to move a script in between two clients in the same server.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Yes.

but you may try with temporary solution which is RSTXSCRP but it may not be able track Transport changes in future.

0 Kudos

hi kiran,

what about se71 - utilities - copy from -client

and standard program RSTXSCRP.

0 Kudos

Temporary solution may be using the program RSTXFCPY, Since you are not authorized to use SCC1.

Copy the Script , Execute the report in the Target client. Provide the source client and create a new layout and test the application with the the form.

0 Kudos

You are alo right.

but i think if we are importing script via RSTXSCRP i that case too we need not to authorized for SCC1 .

What's you say?correct me if am wrong.

Amit.

0 Kudos

Yeah both are possible options. This program RSTXSCRP need download and upload . But the other option is only a single step.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do SAP still have Scripts in the upcoming versions?

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

There is no Specific Documentation on that. But Still Scripts are in use. I don't think they will exclude scripts from the future versions.

0 Kudos

Yes,Why not.

had you face any issue With script yet?

0 Kudos

Amit,

Issues in the sense,I guess one needs to put in a lot of effort when it comes to alignment in Script which is not the case when it comes to a smartform.

Especially the script of Form16A :-).

Ofcourse there is SAP Notes available for CIN related changes in Form16As Script which we came to know lately.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Kiran,

Yes. Believe me it depends on person to person.

As in my case I'm bit friendly with smartforms as compare to Scripts.

But i remeber still now one funny incident from my earlier project.

Actually at the time of implementation in Documentation we decided to developed scripts for Invoice and challan for our client and client also agree on that. but they are pretty smart and aware about technology as they thought but they were not

but at the time of ABAP development only one more ABAPer was there except me.i was responsible for all scripts development.

Believe me Once i started script development i was scared how some 27 window were managed (27 times write_form in driver huh) .

finally i developed all smartforms for invoice and depot challan easily for them believe me at the time of go-live they(Client) not know they they are working on Smartforms as in documentation we mention scripts

But i strangely believe most of the guys are remains stay with script only cause it may less alignment and less coding efforts in driver program(Except Form 16A) for that i remember i approached you to refer some Note on CIN details.

PS:Reported to SCN my self dont worry

Cheers

0 Kudos

I remember developing scripts for Forms A.R.E 1, 2 & 3 for my previous client. It was a nightmare.

Now Im happy developing Smartforms for the present Client.

pk

0 Kudos

Amit,

"PS:Reported to SCN my self dont worry".

May I know why? Does my query violated the SCN Rules?

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

No Brother You don't worry i reported my above reply not for your question

You Enjoy Dude.

Cheers

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to Transport the changes from one Client to another Client then you need to use SCC1.

But Temporary solution may be using the program RSTXFCPY

Copy the Script , Execute the report in the Target client. and Try test the application with some Dummy Trager form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in se71 , utilities > copy from client >enter source , form destination copy ... u can do in this way.

Regards,

Ramesh