Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany clearing, obya and rd04.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following process:

There is a functionality of using IDOC by which if you generate billing document in one company automatically using RD04 output type system can generate an IDOC and post payable document (MIRO).

Does it make sense to setup transaction OBYA?

If yes, how can I check it is working?

Thank you,

Eric van Zundert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

There is a whole lot of EDI configuration on SD and FI sides that needs to be done to enable MIRO invoice posting through IDOC. Please refer to OSS for more information. RD04 works with that setup.

Specifically answering your question, there is no need to set up OBYA for the above functionality. The above functionality uses vendor and customer.

So you will need to set up the company codes as vendor and customer and then create partner profiles for outbound IDOC and inbound IDOC and configure INVOIC02 settings. You need to also configure tax codes for LIV, billing type IV in SD module, RD04 output type, assign RE document type in FI, assign the GL account, etc. This is a simplifed statement but you may (or may not) need some enhancements to make it work.

I am not going deep into the IDOC configuration as this is outside the scope of your question.

Regards

Sharabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOC interfaces work as required. No problem Billing document and RD04 and Invoice posted!

Only thing is, how can I clear the intercompany postings automatically? Why not using OBYA?

How else?

Thank you,

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you do not need OBYA setting for this purpose because of the following reason:

IV billing document generates inter company receivable entry through the I/C customer.

IDOC generates MIRO invoice and generates I/C payable entry through the vendor account.

OBYA does the same thing. It generates cross-company payable and receivable entries. It does NOT clear them automatically. Clearing is another additional step.

Sharabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharabh,

Can you let me know how we can automatcally clear the open items in Inter company Customer (CoCode; 1000) with that of corresponding open items in the intercompany vendor account (CoCode 2000)?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)